Blizzard lying to people

I understand people’s frustrations but in retrospect it’s better that it’s coming out now instead of back during the worst of the launch issues.

You know, the super short seasons of the PTR testing were actually a blast, it was fun to t est myself on how far I could get in a short period of time.

4 Likes

This is simply not true. The “very vast majority of players” did not think “ladder would easily be out in 2021”. The game released on September 23.

When do you and supposedly this huge vast majority think that ladder would be out in 2021? October? November? December?

Even if you thought that on September 22, did you still have that view late on September 24 where there were already 24 (I think) blue posts from the three diablo CMs due to issues encountered at D2R launch?

4 Likes

post launch isnt relevant because thats after I could return the game.

yes I think the majority thought within a month of launch and I think the very vast majority thought safely in 2021. I do not think many people thought ladder was going to take more than 3 months on sept 22 considering the forums were full of people guessing 2-3 WEEKS

You could still return the game post launch, dependent on hours played.

Could you show me several posts from all these people guessing 2 to 3 weeks that were made after August 12?

4 Likes

im not digging up posts, i remember that being what a lot of people were posting because I was annoyed it was 2-3 weeks and not days but over it. Im guessing youd find a lot of posts saying weeks and few if any saying 6+ months if you go back but im not spending the time to do so. I trust my memory

this thread has people speculating days and a week

[TheDarkJedi

A small delay after September 23rd to start the ladder is understandable. This time duration could be considered a second ‘large scale multiplayer test’ to make sure everything is ticking along smoothly. After all, the release version also needs a solid amount of time stress testing on Battle.net.

Wouldn’t it be disappointing for Blizzard to start a ladder on September 23rd, then find out there is something wrong that requires temporary downtime of an unknown duration right at the beginning of the ladder? No thanks, I’d rather Blizzard make sure that everything is working correctly before the start of a ladder.

those were august 11 this one is September with more talks of days and weeks and 1-3months

and this one directly responding to the tweet

“Hopefully, that’ll be within the first week of launch.”

“if it doesn’t start within the first week of launch, then that’s where it becomes a problem for me.”

“I would moderate your expectations. The qualifier is “shortly after once everything settles down”. I do not know how long this will be. A week may very well be too short of a time period.” this one is YOU, while you say a week may be too short, nothing suggesting you thought 6 months. this is not the response of someone expecting 6 months.

“I think anything between 1 - 3 weeks is fair :+1:

“So basically, play classic for first two weeks, as classic non ladder is a complete game. Got it. Sure hope they added shared stash.”

“from this method of doing 4 and 5 day betas that they are confident that they’re ready for prime time and only need a short duration test to achieve their goals.”

MissCheetah

1696 posts

MVP

Aug '21

Thinking about this.

If they do Ladders like D3 Seasons then they will release the game - give it a week - then release the Ladder." miss cheetah forgetting what they said and thought at the time

and then this one that is the best:

“I’m just worried that ladder will never be added”

with YOUR response:

“Your worry appears to be unfounded. They have said ladders will be coming. The whole W3R fiasco actually helps in that regard. There is no way on earth that D2R will not have ladders.”

boutus
“Makes sense to me. I won’t let lack of immediate ladder get in the way of my enthusiasm, but I definitely enjoy the ladder seasons.” basically conceding they dont think it wont happen which is your only source claiming so now you have 0 sources since both they and YOU contradict it

oh yeah and one guy trolling saying ladder will be early 2022 thinking its a joke. so the extreme joke hyperbole was still ahead of ladder. curious how you will argue with these posts and especially your own words

My posts pre-release were very clear. Anyone who thought D2R would start ladder in a week post launch at one extreme and never at the other extreme were both wrong.

The thread titled “Two options:…” started on August 10 and its last post was August 12. In total there were 85 posts. I made post 62 who had to inform prior posters about PezRadar’s reddit post on August 10. They did not yet know what Blizzard had said about delaying ladder. Post 67 in that thread had the tweet from Rod. No one in that thread after my post claimed that it would be 2-3 weeks after being informed.

The thread titled “I can confirm no ladder at launch” had 65 posts. I posted in that thread 7 times. If you inspect my posts carefully, I clearly exclude the two extreme possibilities: ladder in the first week of D2R launch and never. Only a couple people in that thread suggested 1-3 week timeframe for ladder. This number is similar to those who were worried that ladder would be distant as was the case for W3R.

My use of the word “may” was me being polite, especially after I said “I would moderate your expectations” that basically meant I knew that poster would be wrong and disappointed. I knew that this was almost impossible that it would be that quick. I think you need to read my whole quote where I said I did not know how long it would be. I knew that it was a very broad timeframe of possibilities, since we all know Blizzard soon and how infrequent games launch without technical glitches that can not be accurately predicted by beta testing.

Even in that post was not clear enough, I later posted in that thread.

You will see I reiterate that it could be short or an extended timeframe and not me or even Blizzard knows.

People hoping it would be 1-3 weeks for ladder to start at D2R launch were naive or subject to wishful thinking. Clearly these few people had no rational basis for their view pre-release because no one knew how launch would go. There were as many people saying it would be 4+ months. These people proved correct.

Frankly, once we hit November 1 and the game was still having issues, it was clear to me with almost 100% certainty that ladder would not be in 2021.

To summarize, people had a range of ideas about how long it would take before D2R ladder would start. I suspect that the average was 3 months +/- 2 months. As such, some people thought it would be quick and some slow. Even if someone expected a certain timeframe, they knew that their estimate might be off due to unforeseen issues.

3 Likes

You aren’t even trying to be honest. Almost every poster with a time frame there is under a month. You never say 6 months. You jjst say not a week. That doesn’t mean you were suggesting 6 months. There is ONE person they are worried for no ladder and you say it’s about the same saying under a month as no ladder. Blatant lie. Furthermore that one person changed his tune AND you said he was wrong to think that. So literally 0 on that side and a dozen on the other. You asked for people. I gave you them. Now you lie and try and change what you yourself even said. It’s just pathetic

There was nothing naive about thinking 3 weeks if you don’t think blizzard is misleading or lying. The whole point is there was no reason for me to think beyond 4 months which is the time frame I needed to
Be able to play ladder. Hence no reason I should have returned the game contrary to you and other trolls living with hindsight bias

I don’t care what you thought in November. That is so irrelevant and just another attempt for you to think you are making points that have nothing to do with this. Why can’t you ever stay on task? Just once dude. It’s deflect, lie, muddy, false equivalency, minimize. It’s all bs

Why did you ask for the posts when I give you a thread with a lot more than “a Couple” if you are just going to ignore it and lie? Anyone can read the thread. The vibe is clearly a month or two and NO one saying 6 months

You mischaracterize what I wrote. It is for all to see what I actually said rather than your interpretation.

With that, I bid you farewell. When ladder launches, I will name a character in your honor. Peace.

3 Likes

Of course you bid farewell. You just got disproven and tried to lie to avoid owning it. Even you are better than this

I was not disproven. Those threads did not have a bunch of people who posted 1-3 weeks (and the one that did had a last post of August 12 which did not address my question where I said after August 12 to avoid posts made before Rod’s tweet was widely known).

It is just completely pointless to respond to you. I have showed over and over again why you are in error. Others have shown that. Your posts just deny, mischaracterize, misinterpret, deflect, insult, and you have already said that there is nothing I can do to change your mind. A mind works best when open and you are not open to what I or multiple posters have to say. It is utterly futile.

The quote from Boutus was already shown and is shown again. He clearly said that he was worried that D2R would never have ladder.

My response to him made perfect sense as I said that his concerns were unjustified and that ladder would eventually come even though Blizzard (and I for that matter) could not say precisely when since even Blizzard did not know pre-release. I have given the actual quotes in that thread above and you just misinterpret and mischaracterize.

I will not respond to you anymore in this thread but I know that you will just continue to try to prolong this useless discussion and you will falsely claim victory irrespective of all the undeniable facts. I also know you will keep making complaining posts on this same issue in the D2R forum and you will continue to be corrected and make arguments that lack merits.

I truly hope that you can find solace in the coming weeks, enjoy your new family, and can leave all this negativity and denial behind.

3 Likes

I gave you not only a thread full of them but also disproved the ONLY one you’ve been using.

The majority of players expected ladder in 2021 on Sept 22. Do you really not agree?

No surprise that after 100 posts you hang it up when the one quote you’ve been using is disproven and I’ve given you several on my side as you requested. I’ll consider that check and mate

What makes it even sweeter it was literally your own post months ago that convinced the one person claiming ladder wouldn’t come out that they were wrong. Sweet sweet irony. His very next post showed he wasn’t concerned. The thread is linked. Don’t lie to me about what I just read from the original source. You got got and it Happened because of you :joy::rofl:

Dude then says he won’t respond anymore but edits his post 5 times after that lol

Ladder soon. :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

Good deal! Lets goooo!!!

4 Likes

Excited for ladder. It will be so good to have ladder that we all can play and the trolls can trollala.

2 Likes

People will find something else less important to complain about. I guarantee it! :smiley:

Up next: Iron Golem bug… STILL A PROBLEM.
Cain not next to stash in Act 5…
etc.

4 Likes

True. Good forum advice is

Never argue with idiots. They will bring you done to their level and then beat you with experience.

4 Likes

Heh I just thought of it… The two episodes of StarTrek TNG Times Arrow 1 and 2, the actor nailed the look of Mark Twain.

Portrayed by actor Jerry Hardin

6 Likes

?? ok first off… i dont see what the issue is… you have full access to everything ladder right now… are u just sad there are no leaderboards? whats the difference… is your

2nd… thedarkjedi explained everything already, and im sure the over 200+ replies have added more to that.

but in case they didn’t… lets start off with the basics…

it just turned MARCH… it IS early 2022 eyeroll

who is “we” if u want a harder game… go play a harder game?
not sure what the issue is…
idk maybe try playing a non paladin/sorc character? it might make the game harder.

if all you do is copy the meta builds then yeah after 10 years the game is going to be pretty easy… go make up your own build… go limit yourself.

stop using the best runewords in the game… go make a bowzon with brand or something…
dont complain tyhe game is “too easy”… make it harder

i still havent been able to see a single game in the list since day 1… game is broken.

There’s likely something wrong with your network/router configuration then. If you’re using a VPN, try turning it off. Although unlikely, it could be your ISP.