Blizzard got your money, now they dont care

Fool me once, shame on … shame on you. Fool me… You can’t get fooled again!

7 Likes

If I was making something and millions of people wanted to throw money at me before it was finished, I would take all the money and move to different country. I don’t blame Blizz one bit, gamers right now are throwing fistfulls of cash at any game company who shows them something sparkly.

5 Likes

That just makes you a prick and a thief. Diablo 2 isnt an unfinished product, Its a broken one.

7 Likes

It is most certainly an unfinished product, or it would be working properly. Broken implies that it once worked correctly.

5 Likes

It did work dumb dumb, its a reskin of a 20 year old game.

5 Likes

Lod works … yes I agree, but D2R does not. Are you saying D2R is working properly? lol? Seriously, name me one time since launch the game has worked like LoD.

2 Likes

Did I say that? Because clearly I didnt, it was sold as a finished product… Then started breaking when people used it, meaning it was broken.

2 Likes

I might agree with you if they hadn’t released that 10 page blue post detailing the server issues and what they’re trying to do about it. Lose the tin foil hat. They are obviously trying to fix the multiplayer issues. In a month from now, nobody will even be talking about this, and will be back to complaining about stash size limits and stacking gems.

6 Likes

When did D2R work properly?

1 Like

They have plenty of resources to fix the problems, they choose not to spend the cash. Just because youre their fan boy and think they care doesnt mean they do.

5 Likes

For sure they have the money and resources to fix the issues. Don’t get me wrong, I agree that these issues should have been fixed before release but that’s just not the reality of game development anymore. It’s unfortunate, but that’s how it is.

Throwing money at a problem doesn’t always magically solve it. Time and effort are required as well.

Perhaps you are accustomed to buying things that don’t work, and happily waiting months for it to be fixed. This is not the reality “game development”, it’s the reality of “Blizzard game development”. Most other companies have working products on release day with minor bugs to fix, but this company releases unfinished products and expects paying customers to beta test because they failed to test the game themselves.

6 Likes

But they sell these games off as finished products, then ignore everybody and implement super lazy cheap work arounds instead of spending the money to fix the issues. Like I said in the start of this, CASH GRABS. They are finished when they sell them to you, then problems arise, meaning broken.

3 Likes

They only get away with this, because there’s people like Bloodshot.

4 Likes

This has been a major issue in game publishing for a long time, and it has only gotten worse over time. If you don’t realize this, you’re in denial. A lot of major publishers are dropping the ball hard in this regard, and I agree, it’s ridiculous. And it’s about money. If you look at the mega publishers (Activision, Ubisoft, EA, etc.) everything they release in in a sorry state for at least the first couple months because of their stupid publishing deadlines.

Fortunately, there are still some AAA developers that are still releasing polished games (Nintendo, From Software, Sony Santa Monica, etc.) but these are in the minority tbh. This does prove that it can be done, but it doesn’t undo the reality of other big greedy publishers.

I’m not forgiving this behaviour, I’m just saying this is the way it is. And if people don’t like it, then you should vote with your wallet. That’s totally respectable.

2 Likes

Of course they don’t care. You think upper and middle management thinks twice about D2 cash grab server issues? This is a company controlled by suits, not by people that enjoy gaming.

6 Likes

So a company like Activision/Blizzard should have the best teams the money can pay and everyones who knows basically how code programming works on big companys, they know that have, or should have, a documentation of all code.

Anyway the fact are cause they want to rush things and just make up a 20 year old game claiming to be just a remake, updating only an graphic codes who runs beside a back-end code and they don’t expect, or if they expect didn’t works as well as they should, that’s was too many players on this remake. So “OLD-CODE” problem is not our problem! I cannot support such a wrong decision. What’s the chance of a 20-year-old code with a centralized server working? Blizzard knew about the possibility and this already configures, in my point of view, consent, that is, it sells the product taking the risk of having problems like this, so it doesn’t make it innocent.

Probably same cause explain why they shut down TCP/IP games, for tree reasons: First piracy, second hacks/editors and third is the game code, that developed for 56k dialup connections and will cause a lot of desyncs and bottle. So is better cut out the problem than solve it.

Keep in mind, D2 was only a hobby to Blizzard to keep you playing the franchise and got hyped to buy and play D4. So they will not fix too many thing on D2, maybe queues and cooldowns on game creations will never be removed from the game.

I’ve no hope in all D2 for now.

2 Likes

I was one of those affected by the AVX issue and couldn’t even launch the game for the first 2 weeks, people went crazy for those 2 weeks and I could see hundreds of posts like this OP.
Now I’ve been playing for 2 weeks but since I’m a solo player, I don’t even know what’s happening online and the problems you are facing, but I can tell you this will be fixed sooner or later, I had to wait 2 weeks to even launch the game, but now I’m happy with it and have 0 issues offline. I’m pretty sure that you will enjoy it soon.

Garbage company… I am not giving them another cent.

3 Likes

The people making all the excuses and white-knighting for this botched launch would probably eat the food served to them at a restaurant with a giant hair in it and wouldn’t say anything so as not to cause friction.

4 Likes