Blizzard are you going to address the issue with the game crashing on launch

The beta worked perfectly, something changed when the retail version was released that causes the game to crash as soon as the game tab opens in Windows. Please, give us an update and acknowledge the issue and advise as when this will be addressed. That is all I and others are asking!!

2 Likes

Sure doesn’t sound like it, theyre too busy gaslighting us claiming its our fault and that our CPUs dont meet the requirements despite there being no mention of AVX on the requirements - they even changed the name of the main thread to mention ‘older processors’ as if WE are the problem…

They acknowledged it day one and have been providing updates on fixing it. The requirement was not in Beta so it worked for many people with older processors. The plan is to remove the requirement so it works like Beta.

They have been updating in the Pinned post in General Discusion. Last update was Friday Oct 1. They are working on testing patches to ensure it breaks nothing else.

Here are the two updates this week.

1 Like

its not about “older processors” some that have only 3 years and less also do not have avx, it is also not normally required in games, please stop saying “older processors” just because it looks better for blizzard to push that phase everywhere

also not ok to limit people who joined this forum in last week to complain about not being able to play because of avx to 3 posts per topic, just to stop having that avx topic be gigantic

3 Likes

Other publishers / developers actually had the same or at least a similar issue before. In 2018 Ubisoft had this problem with The Crew2.
Intel suggested those instruction sets in March 2008 already and since then they were developed / improved. See AVX2 and AVX-512.
While it may not be common that this becomes a problem at game launches, it is indeed a known “feature” for a while now.

It still helps with the overview in the forums. Tracking / Watching one topic is much easier than having several hundred threads. However that is up to Blizzards moderators on how to handle their forums.

1 Like

I hear ya, theres just a lot of elitist jerks going around being their classic selves, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t coming off that way, as I don’t have the bestest PC ever but it runs what I want just fine, and that’s just it, if you are happy with it well you nor I need a-holes telling us to upgrade when that isn’t the problem, the problem is intel forcing their tech on us when it not needed whatsoever, I mean if this game worked fine without it then avx was added and now runs like garbage or not at all, well, I would say that is a problem but if intel is going to pay you (probably in the hundreds of millions range if not way more) to implement it, its not blizzards problem any longer its ours, that just doesn’t sit well with me. I know why blizzard are partying like mad lads now at least.
it was a successful launch (for them) they don’t need us, they got that money, I thought they were just messing around with ignoring us all, that’s not the case, they don’t need us.
which is even worse, everyone should thank intel for paying to screw us over.

1 Like

Thank you. Will watch the post.