Black screen with D2R icon

Twice in the past 20 mins I had the screen go black with the Diablo 2 Resurrected icon in the bottom right corner. Not the loading/saving pentagram. PS4, playing an offline character after exiting the queue to play offline. I heard combat noises in the background, but never heard anything die. I could press the options button to see the gold “select” circle, and that would move, but I couldn’t interact with anything. This is after the 1.06 update, and had never happened before.
Update: after waiting through the queue I was able to play. Seems you cannot play offline if you are offline…

15 Likes

Confirming the exact same issue for me, occured within five minutes of start up. The progress was reset afterwards, so Im taking another break while blizzard figures out why they are selling royally broken software.

3 Likes

Exact same issue here. I get 10 minutes of game play and I get the Black Screen of Death. Audio is fine. I’m playing on the Xbox Series S. I’ve not seen this one before.

2 Likes

The same on Xbox one x…

1 Like

Nice job for the patch…

2 Likes

Same thing here on PS4.

Same thing here on PS5

Same thing here on ps 4

Exact the same issue here, at PS4 offline. I Will try to wait to enter the queue and then choose offline, but seems to be untelated… Lost all progress btw, so maybe this bug related with saving…

1 Like

Same thing here on PS5. Has happened about 5-6 times in the last hour, and on the final time my cube was missing from my stash…

Same here as well as it corrupted my saved data and had my character set back 10 levels. Had to download a cloud save to overwrite local save data on ps5. Offline character.

Dude! My cube was missing when I signed on this morning. Had to go get another one.

I just had same problem. Ten minutes in and screen goes black with loading screen. I play offline as well on ps4. Any word yet if they plan on fixing this??

1 Like

same for me. black screen 10 secondsinto game. it never goes away. literally unplayable. freakin offline too. this is such bs

and now my offline character that just crashed got rolledback over 24 hours!

If you press options then guess where save and exit is you won’t lose any progress

2 Likes

Happened to me too on PS4. Worse part was, i was in middle of hardcore battle with Mephisto. Unretrievable character and gears. Such bullcrap

Please read forums before you update your game!

Anyway, currently one solution to aviod this issue is to:

Disconnect from the internet
Run D2Refunded and start offline game
Now you can reconnect to the internet if you wish and Black Screen of Death should not haunt you until you try access for online mode or close and start D2Refunded again.

2 Likes

but i play offline mode to begin with. I assume many others as well, so not sure this is related to being offline or online.

1 Like

The same problem. I have black screen after few minutes of playing. PS4 here.