Best Character Names per Class

Hey!

Since we can reuse names online in D2R, I was wondering - what is the best name for each character class/specialty?

Reason I’m asking, is I want to build a kick-a** Trapazin, who ironically won’t kick much, but I’m stumped as to what to name her.

So, if anyone has some nominations for the best name ever for characters, please post them here.

Thanks!

1 Like

You name your character for yourself, not for other people.
No one cares about anyone else’s name.

2 Likes

Dianmu. Chinese goddess of lightning.

1 Like

I intentionally give really bad names to my characters. I’ve been doing this for so long I just realized I can’t give you a good name.
I guess I’d go with Karen

2 Likes

Karen is a great name, I wish I would have thought of that.

I name my characters stupid stuff. If I make a necromancer I might call it barbarian for example or wwbarb or zealadin.

I make my names incredibly stupid.

Although Karen is my next name!

RightToBearArms for basically any class using a beast to become a bear.
ToxicSpam for Poison Nova Necro
CarminaBurnMana for Fireball Sorc (carmina burana for people who don’t know Carl Orff Cantata)

1 Like

My necromancer is named Lenny because a superhero needs a superhero name. A name like Lenny strikes fear into a man’s heart. Especially if you’re told that’s gonna be your name from now on.

1 Like

If your going Dragon Talon: Sho’nuff

Phoenix

That was my runner up, I took the Inuit goodess of lit: Kadlu

To be totally culturally insensitive if your making a kicker: Kim Yo-jong

Realistically find a theme that makes sense to you and do some research.

1 Like

OBAMAHAMMER or HAMMEROBAMA or some variation of that

Otherwise go with Shaniquanishaya or Loquishashanaya or something like that

1 Like

lol stumped really?

imagine if you were playing classic d2 where names had to be unique xD you would be trying to find a name you like for days!

1 Like

I remember that “problem” well. But, my brain was 20 years younger back then and worked a heckuva lot better than it does now, unfortunately. It’s why I was asking for help, as character name is permanent.

Unlike most of the elemental powers that most classes use - where it’s easier to find an analogue in history - the trapper is an odd duck. I guess that’s why I struggle to find a good name for her. I may just go with “Death_Sentry” and let it roll…

1 Like

Trappernames, best I can come up with on short notice.
Itsatrap (CIV 6)
LooksClear (Riddick)
TeslasCoil
NoMoreSkin

2 Likes

Sorc = Sorc
Pally = Pally
Barb = Barb
Necro = Necro
Druid = Druid
Sin = Sin

Ya, I wish it was like that still, unique names. Why did they change that?

ya I miss it too…no idea why though, perhaps partly due to current battle net being a little different :frowning: or perhaps due to player complaints, I could imagine plenty of players cried that they couldn’t name their characters with their #1 choice. I had so many great names like Nintendo, Russians, Hackers, and Ocean are the ones I can recall (over 10 years ago :s) some names I was able to sell for a good chunk of FG!

personally I like names that make getting PK’d by them very funny like “Stanner was slain by hackers” lol

1 Like

the only name i remember from the og d2 days is Deeeeeeeznutz

take from that what you will but a stoopid name will be more memorable than a serious one :wink:

*he was a hardcore barb loot pvper - nice guy that would give you back your stuff if the fight was honorable.

1 Like