Bear Sorcs Are Done

I am devastated and very upset with new IAS changes for bears and wolves. I spent months getting the wealth needed to build my super fun duel dream sorc. I am so upset with the changes they have ruined the Druid entirely and now my bear sorc will be utter garbage. The only reason they work is because of IAS. What is the logic for this? Do you even play the game? If this is not changed, I’m done. Fix this and fix it now. Literally ruined an entire class. Beast is now only useful for summon necros. It is a shameful sham.

1 Like

To anyone who wants information about 2.4 Public Test Realm (PC first - console to follow)

It seems to me this is an over-reaction to fixing an exploit. The attack speed was acting in a way that the Developers did not intend.

Patch 2.4 is about balance and updating lesser used skills.

“We’re ecstatic to make balance changes that will improve the viability of each class while retaining the class fantasy of our favorite heroes. It has been more than eleven years since we’ve made changes like this to the game! So, when we started making balance adjustments, we wanted to focus on expanding more skill build variety and adding more viable possibilities with playing each class.”

Werebear

• Changed how attack speed is determined while transformed as a Werebear. Attack speeds while transformed should match attack speeds while untransformed.

To me this just makes sense. It is also about making the Druid balanced with other classes.

“Werebear skills are receiving damage improvements to make them more viable for higher difficulties.”

If you read the 2.4 patch notes you will notice that across the board, more power is being added to ALL classes.

The Druid is in my opinion not ruined at all. Patch 2.4 is opening new possibilities for builds and making some existing builds stronger and more versatile.

There’s a video testing the attack speeds differences and I promise you if you watch it you’ll understand what I mean. I was being a bit dramatic but the IAS cap makes shifters unusable in end game. They can’t even kill Uber durial anymore let alone Ubers. It really is broken. I don’t think they understood what they were doing. Human druids had the slower swing speed because the IAS was meant to be faster. My bear sorc relies on incredibly fast IAS. It’s possible changes to holy shock might keep her viable, but I doubt it.

It’s a bug. They fixed it. Adapt.

When you build a house on sand, you can’t cry when it rains.

I think what they want us to do as Shapeshifters is to use weapons like Earth Shifter and do some kind of Melee/Armageddon/Elemental Hybrid. So maxing the Werewolf skills are pretty pointless now, you can put them into Hurricane, Cyclone Armor and even Armageddon’s Synergies. You can either use Fire Claws for extra fire damage, or Fury for physical damage. I think this build idea is very cool but in my opinion the max attack speed of the Shapeshifters should be at least 5 frames for this to not be underpowered.

Doing this also completely makes pure Fire Claws and Pure Fury unviable builds, but maybe they want it that way?

Why guess when you have this.

Druid WW and WB Attack Speed Changes

:roll_eyes: 90% of people will pretend to understand this.

It will most likey take me 8 hours of honest research to fully grasp IAS, frames, how the skill worked, how it works now, the true intent beyond the link.

To answer your question, NO.

Th developers have no understanding of the core mechanics of the game they are working on. It’s what happens when a brand new team takes an existing game and just add a graphics layer on top.

PTR 2.4 pre-built gear is all the clue you need to determine how screwed we are moving forward.

Just tried bear sorc in ubers … it does not work anymore. Not enough ias. Sad day for everyone who loved beast runeword builds. I hope they undo the wearbear changes or I’m done playing, bear sorc was my main.

1 Like

The few things they did to this game and this is one… it’s shameful.