AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

game wont start, playing then button goes play again.

System Information

Time of this report: 9/23/2021, 23:47:29
         Machine name: CR
           Machine Id: {BD1AAFF5-DF4}
     Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
             Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
  System Manufacturer: Packard Bell
         System Model: ixtreme M5741
                 BIOS: Default System BIOS (type: BIOS)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
               Memory: 14336MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 14296MB RAM
            Page File: 7377MB used, 21253MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
   System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
      DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
             Miracast: Available, no HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes

Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
      Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
        DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
     Device Type: Full Device (POST)
      Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F0A&SUBSYS_879B1043&REV_A1
   Device Status: 0180200A
2 Likes

Assuming 100k people are having this issueā€¦.if we all refund it would cost blizzard 3 mil along with all that processing power. Letā€™s mass refund this morning!!!

6 Likes

if they will not fast repair in the morning we can do it

1 Like

Just wait boys, once they finally patch this, weā€™ll be able to enjoy the loss of characters, and being unable to create games!

9 Likes

Toss my hat into the ring here as an affected user. I hope a fix comes out today. Realistically, itā€™s refund territory for sure. They took my money a month ago, havenā€™t delivered a working product.

Super cool by the way that I havenā€™t seen an official statement other than buried in forums. That definitely helped me avoid hours of troubleshooting thinking it was my problem and not broken software.

2 Likes

If they donā€™t have this fixed by the evening, itā€™s going to be an absolute !@#$-show once all the 9-5ers come home for the weekend, ready to play.

Whats the maximum number of days after you bought the game you can ask for a refund ?

1 Like

i wont to see even the start screen of game what i buy :smiley:

Not sure, but given the circumstances, they better damn well be understanding.

1 Like

There wonā€™t be 100k people affected, dont be silly. If this would be the case it would have been fixed already. 5000 probably more realisticā€¦ we are the minority here guys. Most people play on newer hardware or on console, face the facts.
Our specs are officially not even supported, but it certainly will work once they fix it as they did in beta alpha

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to think this thread is probably more exciting than the game will be.

2 Likes

same brother, iā€™ve been waiting since 10 am yesterday. Such a disappointment. I figured itā€™d be a rocky start, but honestly, nothing like this.

2 Likes

iā€™m not 100% sure but i think its a matter of playing time. if you are unable to play they are bound to refund.

14 days as mentioned in EULA or smth like that.

EULA means absolutely nothing. Itā€™s a shrink-wrap license and has no jurisdiction over anything. At least in the EU.

1 Like

I guess itā€™s 3 days if not played. Can always demand for it if it actually takes that long

Iā€™ve had my fair share of bad launches of a lot of games, but never a launch where I couldnā€™t even get the game to load on launch day. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

anyway, you have 14 days for refund since you bought it.

Yeah, this is way worse than I expected

1 Like

Does not work. I press ā€œPlayā€, game tries to launch and music is heard for like 1 second and then error. Iā€™ve sent 2 messages to support and no reply. Just wanna play the gameā€¦