AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

is the patch supposed to be installed before you can play because it still isnt working for me I guess Im just going to have to unistall the game Im happy it works for everyone else though as my causal self doesnt really care enough to buy upgrades for my computer just to play one remastered game by blizzard.

yeah i’m pretty much screwed lol. i have a 1.3k laptop, only 3 years old, but i can’t run this game due to me having integrated graphics

i get it, my graphics card doesn’t meet the requirements, but when it can run other demanding games it kinda hurts

but i have this game on console as well so at least i’ve been able to play. however, due to the lack of lobbies and custom games, multiplayer on console isn’t anywhere near the level of pc. think i’ve only been able to find one person to play with, once. lol

Yep. It’s an actual patch. Be sure to patch it via the battle.net app. If it doesn’t show any updates click on the cogwheel and check for updates manually. If that still doesn’t work try deleting the Battle.net cache.

Worst case scenario try reinstalling the game. If that still doesn’t work let us know what version number shows up on the app for the game, what your CPU is, and any error codes that may appear when you launch the game.

This is a different issue. Can’t guarantee that we’ll ever have support for systems with an APU (integrated graphics card + CPU in one). Nonetheless, it is being looked into.

i am so happy right now

Great dozens of other issues but support for people too cheap to buy a PC from the last 10 years comes first…

Unfortunately the AVX is not the only crash cause, in my case, It didn’t solve the crashing problem. I’m able to play for like 5 to 20min before a crash :frowning:

Core i5-750, geforce 1060, 8gb ram doesn’t work
there is start video of the game, after skipping them, knocks out on bnet launcher back

Ill uninstall the game and then reinstall it as I checked for updates on the client and it didnt show up regardless Im glad theres a patch because I may just be able to play it even without a graphics card (that I know of) as I can play other Blizzard games without one.

мой некр уже 8 уровня)) все круто)

Finally :grin: thankyou nearly two weeks and even the intro was worth the wait

Can you leave us a DxDiag along with any error codes you get? This will help us look into this a bit better. Be sure to put the DxDiag as code or preformated-text:

~~~
Put DxDiag in here
~~~

The graphics card requirement is still a hard requirement. If you have an unsupported graphics card then the game will likely not run, and if it does manage to run you’ll have crashing issues likely.

Phenom II x6 1055T.
Все работает, погнали!

1 Like

@Drakuloth I might still buy the game because of your updates, PezDispenser should take notes!

1 Like

bummer yeah I guess its kinda pointless to reinstall as I had Auto Update on it but Ill do it anyways but its as the same as last time it freezes on the Blizzard logo and I have to press end program when I hear that the Diablo 2 logo shows up without seeing it.

Still dont know why I can play other Blizzard games including Starcraft Remastered and Warcraft 3 reforged without a graphics card. But meh I got the classic diablo 2 still and really the only thing about remastered version of it is the new features like bigger and shared stash. Who knows I might be able to play it in 6 months

There are already some reports coming in of systems still not loading the game. Could you or the staff clarify what error report are needed if people seek assistance?
blz-log?
msinfo error?
Crash report from Blizzard if available (obviously this one :slight_smile:)
all of them?

After 1.0.66063 the game also works for me now. Thanks for the update. The gates to hell are opened :slight_smile:

The more information the better. For forum purposes we only request DxDiag instead of the Msinfo (more of a privacy concern). The blz-log is welcome and crash report would definitely be of help. We mainly want to find out if these are still AVX related or some other one-off issues.

I’d also watch out for any overclocking on the GPU. Some of these overclocks are leading to TDR / LKE events which result in the game crashing.

2 Likes

still unable to load, also applies for normal D2 this started last week??

А какая видеокарта ?

After 1.0.66063 the game also works for me now.
Phenom 2 X4 955 here.

1 Like