AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Since I’m sure they already hate me for what I’ve been posting I guess it won’t hurt to do a little advertising for a couple of good games that deserve your time and money. lol If you love Diablo, and since you are here I know you do, check out Grim Dawn and Path of Exile. They are both great games that share the playstyle and a lot of the darkness of Diablo and I’m sure you will love them too. This was unpaid advertisement. lol

3 Likes

There’s a 72 hour window time though for refund now that I remember it. Or around that time frame.

My CPU does support AVX2 and I am stuck on loading screens aswell, can’t play past act 1 getting invisible walls in the grass levels that I can’t pass and such stuff. All the grass levels in act1 make me crash if I walk too far. My character disapears behind the grass and turns invisible, every tp I take might make me crash, entering any kind of cave gets me stuck at a loading screen and crash, completing the andy quest and moving to act 2 makes me not able to load the game anymore. From outher cloister to andy the game works and plays fine for me so there is the weird part…

So while waiting for the fix this might not even help me unfortunately.

Regards,
Robert

I heard that too - but they sold a non-function product, without stating
the requirement in their requirement – so at least I’ll try.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll still have a lesson learned and that one I won’t forget that fast.

if they don’t fix it, I will never use their products again !
I hope that after this collapse many people will understand what blizzard has become

1 Like

So let me get this straight.

“CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec,” ~ Pezdar
“Setups without AVX were working in Beta” ~ Pezdar
“we inadvertently included the need for AVX for launch” ~ Pezdar
“AVX support was not supposed to be a requirement for the game” ~ Drakuloth

So…

Having a CPU without AVX support is NOT within the minimum spec. AVX is the ONLY thing keeping CPUs that are “below the minimum spec” from playing the game bar their own ability to process the game themselves.

They done messed up. Synopsis, there is no way they can ignore fixing this issue for everyone because AVX was not in the specs advertised – EVEN if you have a CPU that is “below the minimum”.

11 Likes

anyone got that refund link? 😵‍💫

Saying a game needs one requirement in their advertising and then when you buy it it actually requires more than that is illegal. It is called False Advertisement. Unfortunately a lot of game companies do it now and never face legal repercussions. That is why they are backtracking now and covering their behinds by trying to say it’s our fault.

2 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/1678/solution if you havent found it yet

Then what do you expect from a billion dollar company that pays no taxes whatsoever and gets about $250,000 a year in tax refunds. I don’t know who to hate more Activision/Blizzard for doing it or the government for letting them get away with it. Just pitiful.

Sorry everyone, just speaking the truth and getting stuff off my chest and not even caring anymore if they ban me. lol

Refund Complete!

You’ve completed the process. The product and amount listed below will be refunded to your select payment method. Refunds can take up to 72 hours to process. You will receive an email confirmation with this order number.

Game: Diablo® II: Resurrected™

Also refunded. Pathetic. Throwing responsibility on players. There is no world where casual player should be aware if they have avx or not. Just one big money jump for better stats. Hope this company will perish.

3 Likes

Can someone confirm that the update just released does not fix the AVX issue we are having?

Confirmed. Same black screen with immediate error ticket support pop-up.

After update 1.0.66034 the problem is not solved:
AEEC5419-4B5A-4792-860C-B5141BF21EEB

cheers for that mate

Most recent patch. Confirmed. Same exact crashes exist (after restart crashes on loading a game with char). Second attempt to launch game crashes after initial splash screens.

a shame …Dev are clowns !

2 Likes

Cheers. Sad though, I saw there had been a patch overnight and was hopefully they’d put the effort in.