AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

They won’t patch right now since Twitch Rivals speedrun race is going on ATM.
Maybe when that is over, IDK. Hopefully we get a patch tonight.

7 Likes

I’m having the same issue. My specs are above the minimum required, but same error. All because my CPU doesn’t support AVX, but I can run plenty of other games. Ridiculous.

AVX allows for more efficient code. Typicall new CPU instructions are introduced for future hardware capabilities and fixing security issues with current chipsets.

1 Like

Meh perhaps the AVX security thing had something to do with preventing people from duping i dunno lol

1 Like

Day 5 in EU

Genesis 1:20–23 (ESV): 20
And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” 21 So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day.

… but no patch … and Blizzard saw that it was good … and went of to Twitch Rivals

5 Likes

avx did’nt come out until gen 2 intel chips. sandybridge and ivybridge had it as most of the chips also had onboard gpu as well and so did’nt really need a graphics card. I am one gen to old with my lynnfield 875k so have to upgrade or wait. I agree why did the beta go so well yet I cannot play now!

I have the i7-3770k and still not able to play the game.

Support told me my motherboard didn’t support AVX but not sure how that works as I can’t find any specifications on AVX support on motherboards…

avx comes from the cpu and you have it!!

I saw a lot of people say AVX was a security feature, THIS IS NOT TRUE.

AVX is just additional instructions for the CPU that does calculations with higher bit registers.

1 Like

Well I get that AVX may be nice thing, but in this case I don’t give a single F about it. We didn’t need it to play the beta, so I don’t see any reason why we should need it now, other then Blizzard making the ultimate d*ck move…

2 Likes

“While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec” Ohh yeah really!?
Then why didn’t you mention it anywhere on the min specs page?

5 Likes

Tu devrais etre bon ton CPU a un ranking de 2421 et leur minimum c’est 2331. Ton GPU est a 6038 et ils demande 3982. C’est vraiment juste le AVX.

Update is here, feedback: AVX fix requires a fix for “ALL” players, even those able to play right now. For this reason they want to make sure not to break more than is broken right now and need “a few more days”.

1 Like
3 Likes

hopefully checkpot
a guy created a hotfix patch for cyberpunk to remove avx requirement and provides stuff for it … NON-blizz dev´s lets get to work
its on nexusmods at cyberpunk2077 1.3 AVX Fix

There’s an update on the situation, and now from what I understand, it’s our fault because NOW we are not within the minimum spec anymore. Advanced Vector Extensions Issue Update as of 10.5 . I was optimistic at first, I tought Blizzard is a good company, I see where all of this is going… Soon, they’ll just drop the whole thing, simply because it’s our fault and then it’s gonna be too late for a refund. By the way, for those who did’nt read between the line… With that post from mister 799 workout day in a row, we went from “we’ll fix this” to “we might not fix it if it’s too much job, after all it’s your fault”

Thanks again Blizzard.

9 Likes

Hahahahahaha forget these clowns im getting my money back. What a fail of a launch! How hard can you screw us?

This is the response I got from support, I didn’t believe it as well and can’t find any information about this online so unsure if they are blatantly lying to me or not. However its the official info I got about it.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get back to you any sooner.

I just received your ticket regarding having some issues launching Diablo II: Resurrected. We've received a number reports from your situation and we are currently working to address this.

This issue is affecting older CPU's which while certainly meet the requirements in terms of power have older instruction sets. As above this is something we are working on and there are currently not work-arounds. However, the team is looking to roll out a patch as soon as possible address this and for now you can check for more information and updates here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/5579/1738

and here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/7474

**For yourself specifically, your motherboard doesn't have the support for this despite your CPU having this support.**

Thanks once again for giving me a nudge. Once more, I apologize for the wait, so thank you for your patience. Have a wonderful day and take care of yourself.

All the best, o7
1 Like

Hey all,

Reposting this here for visibility. If you’d like to pursue a refund to wait until the fix to repurchase, it can be done at this link.

8 Likes

Right so it’s going to be at least a week before they might fix it. Glad I refunded

4 Likes