AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Matt, why you can sure for that ? my CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 2700 with AVX and I have the same issue .

1 Like

its not the same, you said you get a black screen right? we dont even get that

1 Like

Old Xeons, i7 900series and below, Pentiums G4560/G4600/G4620 are popular CPUs that don’t support AVX

2 Likes
21 Likes

Can you describe your issue exactly? Do you press play and nothing happens?

I do remember D3 Launch it was FAR greater I was actually able to play in the first couple hours.

1 Like

Awe D3 launch when Butcher actually made people cry…

The issue in this thread is that the game won’t open if your processor does NOT have AVX support. If your processor has AVX support, then you don’t have the AVX issue.

1 Like

Well the sun must shine out of your behind because that is not how I remember that launch going.

How do I apply for a refund?

I really wanted to play today… come on Blizzard

2 Likes

Someone track down the Cyberpunk 2077 modder that fixed this exact same issue by changing 1 byte in the exe

1 Like

it was 2 bytes… stop lyin

2 Likes

??? there were error messages but it was fixed 5 hours later and i was able to play D3. This is far worse.

another hint of what it could possibly be for you, is something with the sound card or setting, but you’d have to keep looking for solutions that include the getting a black screen, hearing sound for a sec and then it crashing but with us, we have cpus that have no instructions to handle AVX, its wasnt suppose to be a requirement for the game and for some reason, between beta and release, it got added so our comps wont even try to run it

1 Like

I just want to to play the game i pre ordered and took vacation off work to play it, i preordered WC3 and still owned it and never refunded did the same here with D2R but i am so tempted because of this issue, I too also played the beta and left feed back… I wonder if I would of been better of not playing the beta and leaving any feed back

Maybe I’m thinking of something different and getting the events confused. Maybe the first FFXIV launch or something.

Would be great but I don’t think this is possible since you can’t change the exe of blizzard games because of the aggressive drm

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334
for refund

ill wait 10 days, just for spite

1 Like