AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Did anyone refund and then repurchase and not have to reinstall i refunded but thinking of buying again since AVX is fixed i tried playing but since i refunded i cant play online.

Thanks!
With ‘AVX patch’ (10.5), the game is working on my system.
[ dual xeon x5670, 48GB RAM, Radeon RX 5600XT ]

2 Likes

This is my case.
Was refunded in 2 days after start. After I got innactive button of “Start”, now purchased again and just get new update. And ready to play.

You are right, if I switch off my graphics card, the game starts without any problems. But then it is unfortunately not playable without a graphics card.
Please fix
Thanks in advance !

Yeah i just looked back, someone else refunded and bought again and is able to play online.

Time was long but now works on my i7-920 … Thanks !

4 Likes

Iam able to play. Thank you. AMD PHENOm II X4 945

3 Likes

У меня даже нет сообщения об ошибке, игра просто не запускается, только чёрный экран.

I was affected by the AVX thing, this seems to be solved now.
Unfortunately, after launching the game, I just get a black screen and can hear music, probably the cinematics are running. As soon as they end, I can see the ingame mouse cursor for a second and then the game closes and I am back at the blizzlauncher.
CPU = X5650
GPU = GTX 980
Nvdia Driver = 466.27

Can´t install newer Nvdia drivers, they always causing bluescreens for what ever reason…

Got the same issue, what GPU you have and what driver ?
Windows event viewer is telling the following

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have exactly the same problem! widows 10 I-7 7700 processor, 15.2.0 1020 drivers

First gen core i7 920 user here.

Thankful to be able to play. Thank you for getting this patched for us ancient CPU users. One of my 8gb ram sticks went bad a few months ago so I’m only running 8gb RAM and a GTX 1060 3gb but the game still runs smoothly, granted I haven’t been beyond A1 yet. So far so good.

/rejoice

3 Likes

Yay this fixed my issue on my desktop! Thank you for not doing what Sega did with Phantasy Star Online 2 when they switched to NGS and making the base game unplayable for us older CPUS.

3 Likes

WOO HOO!!! Latest update did the trick!

3 Likes

What are the blue screen error code(s)? They may give you the needed hint to solve the problem.
Also you may want to create your own topic for troubleshooting.
As Customer Support already stated they don’t want to derail this topic.

Thanks a lot Gulgir, it´s something with the drivers, don´t worry I will figure it out, thanks a lot though for helping !!!

1 Like

У меня вообще перестали запускаться все игры blizzard, SCr, WC3R, D3…
Обновил сейчас WOW, он тоже не стартует. Что то сломалось. Другие игры, не blizzard, прекрасно работают.

1 Like

Because uf this issue I bought a whole new PC. Blizzard this is on you.

Please send your compensation (kappa).

Hello again everybody.

What a hell of a trip it’s been. Drakuloth here for the last time in this thread, to lock it up and make sure the latest post has all the info on it so folks can find what they need in case they have any residual issues. As of yesterday, the AVX issue is fixed.

If you are still crashing and you have a computer with a CPU or Motherboard which doesn’t have AVX support, just launch the Battle.net Application, ensure the game is fully up to date, and then give it a try. Hopefully at that point you can get into the game.

Please keep in mind that this issue is not the cause of all crashes. If you are still crashing, whether or not your computer supports AVX, you should troubleshoot the crashes . If it fails you can start your own thread or contact support for one on one help. We’ve verified that other crashes in this thread are crashing for reasons other than the AVX problem we’d been working on.

Again, I just wanted to say to all of you, thank you. For helping us identify the problem, providing the files we needed to verify things, the feedback from everybody who posted in this thread (yes, even the critical feedback), and the immense patience while the developers worked through the issue to get it fixed.

We know this took a while to come out, and I hope the wait is worth it. Keep in mind that ladder has not launched yet, so take some time to test things out pre-ladder launch and get ready for when the real grind begins. (Ladder release date to be determined in the future.)

Go thwart Diablo for me, all. Best of luck and loot!

47 Likes