AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Next time you specify the min requirements, maybe you should state clearly what you mean by minimum requirements. I have an older Intel Xeon processor which outperforms the Intel® Core i3-3250, so I would say I meet the minimum requirements. However it does not support the AVX instruction set, so in that perspective I do not meet the min requirements . So would be good it you could state the required instruction sets as well instead of just referring to a specific processor. Where we have to guess what spec’s in the Intel® Core i3-3250 that make that specific processor meet the min requirements.

13 Likes

Surely didn’t expect to not meet the minimum requirement for D2R with my AMD Phenom II x6 1100T and GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB. I’ve honestly never been so hyped to play a game in my life. But now day 13 without beeing able to play, I’m starting to feel like I’ve suffered more than enough. Watching my friends and streamers progress way ahead and spending way to much energy thinking about it and watching forums.

Such a shame Blizzard. This could have been fixed so much faster and you know it.

5 Likes

I would say that just saying “it might be time to upgrade” because of this situation. It is way to arbitrary and goes against the whole reason I became a computer gamer in the first place, longevity. With this logic someone can build a brand new top o the line pc and it becomes obsolete in a week because they built it 7 days before something like avx comes out.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised, if the game actually doesn’t use the AVX on the CPU, and that’s why the changes don’t affect other players.

2 Likes

where did you get this from?

Ну что ! Все еще ждем :slight_smile: ?! Есть небольшая надежда !
“Есть хорошие новости. Тестирование возобновилось, и похоже, что мы сможем решить проблемы с AVX, не затрагивая других пользователей.”

4 Likes

Holy non existing cow level. I had to scroll for 6 minutes to get past that.

1 Like

Это очень хорошая новость! Если на белых людей не повлияет, которые их волнуют в первую очередь, то никаких преград для удовлетворения унтерменьшен больше нет - осталось допилить и выкатить.
пс. По факту такой подход единственный верный, но что-то пригорает, когда ты на другой стороне и вообще даже не гамал

1 Like

…а плохая новость в том, что ETA по-прежнему нет.
Также насторожило “следите за патчнотами”, - т.е. возможно, в следующем патче фикса еще не будет.

Не нужно ломать мои иллюзии и мечты)) они отдельный патч выпустят! :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Обязательно. Главное этого момента дождаться.
…сам такой же :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ситуациия конечно удивляет , мы тестировали на збт и обт 1 сборку , потом решили в релиз выпустить другую и о ужас - чтото пошло не по плану …
Возникает вопрос а зачем вообще нужны были птр сервера ?) можно же потом на лайве инфу собрать…

If you would ask me, what we have seen was of course bad.
Obviously AVX support was not initially planned and if so I can see that Blizzard wanted to improve the code by adding AVX Support which would make the game run better. However that should be optional.
Unfortunatelly it was set to be mandatory so this situation occured.
Now, back to the way how it’s been handled.
Initial phase might have been like clean analysis - just to understand the core of the issue. Obviously they had some other Day 1 issues to resolve. If your game was running and constantly crashing even with Data loss you would not have been happy as well and some AVX issue can bite your butt.
Anyway, the issue has been identified and they started working on it.
Obviously the code was deeper integrated so it needed additional checks.
Recompiling, testing requires time. And yes, in ideal world everything would have been captured before and they would have tons of stuff to do the testing of the new builds but tbh the industry does not work this way.
Everything is still about the money. Some things can be influenced, some not.
In regards of the community updates/information. Sometimes less is better. Giving promisses that cannot be met would not help either and would make things worse.
Please don’t get me wrong. I am/was fed up as well and wanted to play the game Day 1 but I don’t think that flooding the forums with baby cry and stories that never happened would not help either.
There are much more important things to take care rather then a game…
And now, we have only one question remaining - Moo, Moo, mooo?!

3 Likes

This kinda garbage is what is going to let them off the hook, if they weren’t trying their best to cover this up while not fixing it, i may have agreed, but this is thousands of people that have a completely busted product, anyway. hating or not in the comments, we know Blizzard will always do bare minimum and that is being hopeful…

1 Like

When will be the update?
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Nextweek
Never

Pls vote :wink:

My vote: Thursday

1 Like

I have been saying 11th October guys at best. Which is a Monday where i am. Don’t expect a patch this week. Worst case is end of this month. Everyone wait till next week.

1 Like

Most of you just produce drama out of thin air…

Mine is somewhat similar:

1. Press “PLAY”
  2. Endless black screen

Any plans by blizzard to fix this? Tried all the black screen fixes available on the forums, reddit, etc. I meet all system requirements, and able to play other AAA games.

2 Likes

Моё мнение: да всё знали, просто пожертвовали обладателями старого железа в угоду большей производительности у остальных, а сделать нормально сразу для всех - тупо не успевали, ибо релиз уже. Ещё как вариант - им просто было по…, пойдет ли она у всех остальных, чтоб вообще тестить там что-то - дедлайн. Либо всё это сделали по халатности

4 Likes