AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

please stop posting nudity and inappropriate sentences with ascii or without. It wouldbe sad if this thread gets closed because of this.

11 Likes

Поддерживаю. Не хотелось чтобы тему закрыли из-за флуда и троллинга. Эта тема должна быть на виду.

3 Likes

same problem…
E1543BF3-46A6-4100-A80B-2B95D1716178

Omg :frowning: so no Patch tomorrow?! :sleepy:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/advanced-vector-extensions-issue-update-as-of-104/12557/4

1 Like

Был голубой пост и как я предполагал выше, они просто переносят свой ответ на среду, а там и до пятницы недалеко…

No patch tomorrow, but at least this is something. Maybe, if we’re lucky, we’ll have a more concrete ETA by Friday?

2 Likes

⢠⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢦⡀⠀⢰⢆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠙⣎⠙⠲⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⡌⠈⣗⣄⡌⠘⣷⣀⣠⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⢦⡀⠀⠈⠙⠲⢄⣣⡖⣯⡷⣧⠀⢸⢿⣦⡀⠈⠳⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A fluffy unicorn then~
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⡄⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣼⣯⣄⣿⣦⣸⢸⣏⠻⣤⣀⣈⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So that the “sensitives” don’t
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⢤⠤⠴⠻⣯⠈⠋⠙⠃⠀⠈⣿⠻⣾⡿⠛⠁⠉⣦⡀⠀⠀get offended… A unicorn
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣴⣄⠀⠀⠀⠈⠷⣤⡛⠛⢿⣿⡟⢹⡄⠀⠀like the AVX patch… glorious,
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡜⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⠿⠿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⡙⢹⡏⠿⣆⣹⠀⠀magical, illusive and…
⠀⠀⠀⢀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⠾⢷⡞⠁⣀⠙⢿⠂⠀ NON EXISTENT!
⠀⠀⢀⢾⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢷⡀⣿⠀⢸⡄⠀
⠀⠀⡞⠘⢧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡾⣷⣾⠇⠀ReeEeeEe… Toxic… ReeEeeEe
⠀⢸⠈⠿⠀⠙⠲⣄⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠇⢀⣼⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⣘⠷⠊⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢴⣶⠿⠖⠛⣿⡄⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣄⠀⢀⣠⠖⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

2 Likes

i7 970 here and also no go

At least he came back from Disneyland.

2 Likes

anyone else got the “having difficulty retrieving content from our servers” error?

Well atleast the damn testing is done. We might actually get to play this weekend.

I was banking on them having testing done by Wednesday at the earliest, so this is a nice turn for me. Hoping for a decision Wednesday, and a patch fix early next week.

2 Likes

I recently did a slight CPU upgrade from an FX 6300 to an i7 920 (got gifted a desktop). The intel is 4 years older (Quad Core/8 thread 2.6ghz), and yet it runs all my games better than the AMD did (6 single core/6 thread 3.5ghz). I’m able to play Borderlands 3, Halo MCC, Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA5 etc on High to Ultra settings at 1080p 60fps with the i7 920.

Little did I know I’d be losing AVX support with this upgrade, rendering me unable to play D2R which isn’t nearly as computationally demanding as the aforementioned titles.

4 Likes

no es el mismo problema.

I can imagine. I guess it’s a furious nation, that dear neighbor of mine. We should hope that they won’t decide to unite behind a common cause and direct all that anger to a world conquer campaign. Though I hope they count me in as an ally if that happens.

If they’re done testing today, why do we have to wait till “mid-week”(Wednesday/Thursday?) to get a clear picture? And then, what, wait another day after you get a clear picture to actually release the patch?

7 Likes

glad they updated us, even if it does not tell us anything new or give any timeline but at least they seem to see they need to post about this rather than wait forever to even say there is nothing new
just wish i could join my friends but they are not geared and almost done with hell or done and grinding, some keep equipment for me in hopes i can play tho~ (which is sweet but low hopes)

If I were to guess, once testing is complete, they will need to file their reports and have them signed off, then build/test the incremental patch from the test build to make sure the patch process doesn’t break anything in the live build.

2 Likes

It would have been awesome if Blizzard took as much caution in their change management and QA when they were finalizing the build. I doubt this is getting fixed by this month.

5 Likes

Don’t make me laugh, Blizzard products have always been distinguished by a good price and excellent quality. What poor, wretched, everyone here has a couple of mistresses on their allowance. I.e., people who have taken place, stop smacking your lips enviously. Find a job and fix your bad grammar. Ugh!
And stop flooding, everyone has already realized that you are an envious loser. Eat pasta and play dancing. What are you doing here at all, in the lair of such a bad (from your words) Blizzard? Crazy

the answer is on the Russian forum , this is clearly a purchase