AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

And let’s also play it out like we have no clue as to what is really happening, i m actually disgusted by this garbage, and i m sure i can’t even refund again or receive any compensation for not being able to play your broken trash

Not , i m with Pentium g4600 and also dont have avx support

I checked with CoreInfo and there was AVX support written down so idk now ;/

Let’s see what the new week will bring, It would be lovely if drac posted an update for us all

Day 12

#BLIZZARD CHINA
#DOGSEATERS BLIZZARD
#FIXAVX

WHAT ?! next week ?! SRSLY?!

already this week, or… maybe the next one :joy: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

maybe it’s a typo for month

No compensation, no game, just refund.

Just like u booked and made deposit for a restaurant and when u arrived, they say “ we can’t give u a table now. U can wait for a table but we don’t have ETA
. We don’t have any compensation for cancelling ur booked table. U can leave and we can just refund u”

Other than a refund, what do you think is fair compensation for a game not working?

A discount, or a in-game item.

I guess a normal restaurant care their customers will offer discount/coupon if they cannot offer u a booked table.

From my point of view (not that it matters :slightly_smiling_face:), this AVX related issue definitely needs to be fixed since AVX was not in the system requiremens before D2R launch.

I see that they have tryed to add AVX later in the requirements by explaining that i3 3rd generation is meaning that AVX must be supported, etc… but they know well that this is just “politics”.

When exactly they will fix it ? We will see…

As far as I understand, they know how to fix the issue, but the patch needs to be validated by the QA.

In my case, I can NOT play D2R on my old HP Z600 (12c/24t, 48GB RAM, Radeon RX5600XT which can run Cyberpunk 2077 very well), but I can play it on my laptop with I7-7700HQ and GTX 950MX (the GPU is below D2R requirements).

Taking into account that D2R is not even a new game, all the issues that they had at the launch are telling me that Blizzard is not delivering quality anymore.
Because of this, I will not pre-order any of their products again.

On the other hand, it might be the time for us (the ones which are still using old CPUs) to start planing for a PC replacement, since more and more software products will require newer CPUs.

I have already started to aquire the parts for a Ryzen 5 5600X based system, which is not very expensive and it should meet the requirements for the future games, at list in the next 2-3 years.

It’s a shame that we have to thow away PCs that are still powerful enough, just because the corporations need to sell, sell, sell… And they are pushing us to replace our IT&C equipments every 2-3 years, because they are are not ‘compliant’, ‘safe’, ‘green’ anymore.

Changing the IT&C equipment generations so quick can be seen as evolution, but since the improvements between generations, sometime are very small, I see it as a form of ‘extortion’ covered in ‘efficient’ delivery models.

For the developers of the new games it might be an additional effort to make the code compatible with the old hardware, but I don’t see this applying to D2R.

Sorry for my english and for the size of the post…

1 Like

Only a collective filing of an appeal to the court can help with compensation! There are competent people who are ready to make a petition, throw it on the general we will sign! Until this company is punished with money, they won’t even rise!

1 Like

I know it’s not in the requirements. But our systems are getting old. And I am not some Intel or bliz troll. I just figured that buying a new system would be the best solution for now and the near future. There will be more games that will require AVX. It’s not even the future. It’s already an old technology. Some games coming out this year even require RTX or some equal technology. We can’t expect our old systems, most of them around ten years old, to play all the new games coming out. That’s my two cents at the moment.

This is completely irrelevant to the garbage at hand, stop excusing this, it is a literal dump in your face.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right! But before you buy a game, you definitely understand its system requirements that are suitable for your system, and here we had a product on a test that was running on your system, and as a result, you don’t have the right to play at the exit! If it wasn’t about money, there would be no outrage.

5 Likes

Maybe so. I don’t dispute it’s been a circus which is why I refunded and will check in periodically to see if I might be able to have a play.

I’m not playing devil’s advocate when I ask, it’s a genuine question. What compensation is due for a game not working? You buy an item that doesn’t work, you take it back for a refund.

As said above, a nice in-game item would be a pretty nice gesture given the performance so far.

Tell me about it. I still hope for a fast fix. Since the system I ordered won’t be delivered before then end of November. And don’t get me wrong, I did refund and was waiting for a fix. I just decided to upgrade because my i-970 processor is getting old. And my motherboard doesn’t support any AVX processor.

If we talk about compensation, it directly looks like cheating and fraud, so we paid for the product quality, not plagiarism! It’s like buying a Nike company for $ 200, and in fact getting a Chinese fake! I think you get my point…

You can check ark intel com, they don’t mention AVX.
Only this:

Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2