AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Thank you all for your input, I was thinking I was the only one who couldn’t play still.

I have an i7 940 and no avx

1 Like

Before you start to replace things, wait for the AVX patch, from blue post it seems like they are shooting for the 11th of oct for the patch I’m hopeful its coming sooner.

2 Likes

For those who want to check their CPU go to…www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/ enter your CPU name in the box on top right and check the Extensions and Technologies tab.

whats the last update from blizzard?

This is the latest opdate

y q onda con la gente q si esta jugando? que es lo q tienen q les permite jugar?

I hear ya, theres just a lot of elitist jerks going around being their classic selves, and I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t coming off that way, as I don’t have the bestest PC ever but it runs what I want just fine, and that’s just it, if you are happy with it well you nor I need a-holes telling us to upgrade when that isn’t the problem, the problem is intel forcing their tech on us when it not needed whatsoever, I mean if this game worked fine without it then avx was added and now runs like garbage or not at all, well, I would say that is a problem but if intel is going to pay you (probably in the hundreds of millions range if not way more) to implement it, its not blizzards problem any longer its ours, that just doesn’t sit well with me. I know why blizzard are partying like mad lads now at least.
it was a successful launch (for them) they don’t need us, they got that money, I thought they were just messing around with ignoring us all, that’s not the case, they don’t need us.
which is even worse, everyone should thank intel for paying to screw us over.

As long as the CPU they are using supports AVX/AVX.2 (( not 100% certain if both are required )) But as long as they are supported and are not running off integrated graphics, then shouldn’t have an issue running the game. ( sorry for not responding in Spanish )

so buy a cpu with avx support everybody, be careful and make sure as its not just ole cpus without avx support but brand new ones that lack avx support as well.
enjoy the ride intel has put us all on with needing new cpu features to ruin our free time even more, woohoo, oh yeah intel is da best, can I get an amen all my brothers and sisters for all the awesome intel brings unto the world because they are cool and you know what they say, you ain’t cool unless you pee your pants and intel pee’s its pants all the time, so we all know you are to cool for us intel, and you got cool without needing to bribe I mean pay companies to implement your useless I mean awesome technology nope, they just add intel cpu features because it just makes the product so much freaking better, for everyone.
its no wonder intel never had to pay anyone off to use any of their stuff, I’m being honest and not being one bit sarcastic, intel is just so cool, like damn, intel is just to cool for us, guess we all better get AMD next time around, we ain’t cool enough to hang out with the cool cpu’s of intel, no way no how.

have you read any comments, people are still having problems.

buy a cpu that supports avx and be careful as its not just old cpu’s that lack those instructions. avx so awesome game companies add the feature after the alpha the beta because avx is just that good, avx so good, its added without a penny from intel to implement it.
I mean you know its good when everyone here is not having a single issue just like they had no issues with the alpha or beta, I bet we all can’t wait to see what joys intel has in store for us in the future, oh what joys can we all expect from intel and their pro-consumer technologies in the future, the world may never know.

intel pays better, oh I mean intel didn’t pay blizzard, they enhanced the experience for all of us and blizzard used this tech because it adds so much for all of us and blizzard didn’t get a single cent from intel to do it.

they said the same thing about september 27th, I would stop trusting a company that can’t seem to tell a single truth about anything.

I have AMD, so we just spreading the blame around are we now, blizzard?

1 Like

I would bet it will still not be ready and will need more testing another couple weeks. Their devs have no idea how to fix it without starting over from scratch. It be next year for us with avx issues.

2 Likes

my masterpiece of animation about the avx problem

18 Likes

Spot on
Spot on
Spot on
Spot on
Spot on.

I think I deserve a place in Blizzard! LOL

Hola juan carlos, como estas chupapi…

1 Like