AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

I feel your pain. 8 days with no ETA on a fix for a massive company like Blizzard… yeah. They don’t actually care

6 Likes

Yea I mean… serious bummer - don’t think I’ll keep waiting around for this. Good luck everybody and hope there is still SOME nostalgia left for you all.

Can’t imagine a worse situation for Blizzard and for the relationship with their once loyal customers. This truly was an insult up and down the board and as many have mentioned - This would have required some Serious incompetence to do unintentionally… it flies in the face of ALL software development cycles to not backward compatibility test. Yikes - I’m going on vacation.

1 Like

Now motherboards been added to the list…

1 Like

simply because not all motherbords can run a cpu that got AVX

1 Like

Correct, some people would not only need to buy a new CPU, also a new Motherboard, and maby other parts, too

2 Likes

hoy cuando será ese parche ?

i am glad us not being able to even launch the game, not to mention play has now become top priority, good luck with testing and hope you succeed, even though i would prefer to not have to wait so long and avoid some stuff that was said to paid customers, but i am glad it is still being worked on and not forgotten

What a pathetic joke this is. Glad i got my refund instead of trusting them to actually fix it this week. Multi dollar company indeed…

3 Likes

“Today and through early next week”
No one works over the weekend to fix this for the PAYING costumers?
It feels like it was just a minor mistake. I didn’t pay for a blue play button.
If I messed something up at work, I had to work over the weekend to fix it.
And if it was enabled so easily that no one noticed, why is it so hard to disable it???

7 Likes

On the bright side, I actualy earned money by refunding, as $ to € conversion rate changed in favor since purchasing game :joy:

8 Likes

And another weekend without D2R. Dunno why i’m suprised tbh.

Jep just like me i have a Phenom 2 cpu on a am3 Socket Motherboard the first cpus from Amd like FX series or Bulldog needs at leas a Motherboard with am3+ Socket so for me i need not only a avx sup cpu,i need a new Motherboard too and this for 1 Game to play (still a 2D Graphic game) isint worth.

And now?
Its the same answer like last week,we work,we need more time bla bla

What you think what we get in mid next week?!?
A patch ?!? Haha funny i dont think so …

In the end they say we cant fix the AVX sup…

For me i cant do a refund cause i bought the ulti (D2R+D3+RoS) wich i played more than 30 hours.

Yes Blizzard i have a phone but not to play a shiet game who nobody wants but make a message to rain big fat brown cookies over you.

Thanks for the update @Drakuloth

3 Likes

What a laughable update.

Customer Support writes clearer than so called ‘Global Community Lead’.

Adam Fletcher joins Jay Wilson and Wyatt Cheng in the pantheon of Diablo evils.

Keep these 3 people far, far away from absolutely anything at all to do with Diablo 4 for the sake of the franchise please Blizzard.

6 Likes

Waiting… WAITING… Waiting on the world to change!

Have you ever though that if you would fu**ed up, people just pirate it?

I refounded and i did. Your alpha and beta versions are MUCH stable than your release unfortunately.

If I knew how, I would make a petition for closing Blizzard.

For everyone to know. It’s my first refound for 10 years of official Blizzard. And I’ve been patient for everything you guys screwed up.
And to be honest.
I don’t care about scandals within the company. I care about the games you’re doing.
I’m living in Russia, and we’re very patient. We’re can close our eyes on some things and some minuses. But this was a last drop of patience of mine.
First was hearthstone, then HOTS, then WoW. I don’t feel any about D3 and I’ve been waiting for Diablo Immortal and Diablo IV.
I don’t wait them anymoe.
I just wait for a note: “Blizzard no more” somewhere at news lines in Google.

For me, this game of my childhood. And I’ve been waiting it since it’s announcment.
I probably can’t expain full feelings of my frustration and disappointment.
I played beta first to ensure this will launch. And I won’t dissapointed in this if it crashed since then. I wouldn’t make a preorder and gifted to my friend who played with me this game.

I wish you people luck in finding a better workplace than this.

P.S.

I’d love to exchange refund for full set of 2000 D2

UPD
BitTorrent and private servers helped to play D2 LOD 1.14d.
More than happy now =)

10 Likes

I really hoped we’d be playing by this weekend. This is getting really upsetting that we are sitting on the fix, and not releasing it, in order to keep testing a bunch of Newer CPU’s that also ran the beta just fine. So now were talking about an additional 4 more days of QA testing? and an update tues/wed?

I am falling so far behind my friends its frustrating.

5 Likes

I have similar problem, I dont even own a regular PC, just a laptop that I bought 2 months ago. Specs are :

Processor - 11th Gen Intel (R) Core ™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz
RAM - 16GB
Integrated card - intel iris xe graphics.

Any idea if it will run? At least classic version for now. Should I refund already or wait for fix? THanks!

el parche no sera hoy, actualizacion se refiere a actualizar la informacion sobre el tema, y 10.1 es la fecha (1 de octubre), el parche segun dice ahi aun no esta planeado cuando sera, de momento estan testeando el fix y seguiran en ello hasta mediados de la semana que viene, y entonces ya diran algo nuevo (que tampoco necesariamente sera la fecha del parche)

I think you and I both know that diablo 4 gonna suck hard

5 Likes