AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

с этим только в суд = без шансов

1 Like

@blizzard,

Why are you guys taking so long? The update of what you are doing today should have been done on day 1 when you discovered this issue. You are just now still gathering data but yet you say this is a priority for the QA team? Make it make sense PLEASE!!!

Give us beta access back to Help you test and let us be able to merge our progress into the live game!!!

3 Likes

K I’m done, not paying full price for late pizza, you guys take care, I already got my refund a few days ago. Nothing for me here.

3 Likes

Okay, I am done waiting, POE time.

3 Likes

Just saw this from 20 minutes ago—

PezRadar

3 posts

Community Manager

20m

Hi all -

Update for today 10.1 with AVX. The QA team is still collecting performance data on machines with and without fix. The goal is to A/B testing between both and ensure that this is not impacting an existing setups. The testing will continue today and through early next week. Once we have more details on how those went, we will let everyone know.

Hey all,

Latest information on the state of AVX troubleshooting came through.

For those who are new to the thread, here’s a summary of what’s going on:

• Processors and motherboards which do not have AVX support are not currently able to launch the game.
  • This was enabled accidentally when we were pushing the final builds for the game when it went live (Examples, older i5/i7 processors, Some Xeons, Celerons, Pentiums, Phenoms.)
  • If you don’t know if your processor has AVX support you can ask the community at the forums here or look it up online.
  • We are working on removing this requirement without impacting other players, but do not currently know when the fix will go live. We’re continuing to post updates at this thread and in the General forums as they become available.
  • This issue is at our highest priority level right now, meaning we’ve got people working on it as much as humanly possible. (Note that you can only have so many people work on one thing in the coding world, so other issues are still being worked on as well.)
  • If you are having this problem you can request a refund through support and we can look to see if your account is eligible.

Some other players are having different crashes. Not all crashes are due to the AVX issue. If your PC supports AVX, please troubleshoot it and either post your own thread or contact us for more help.

26 Likes

The fact that it’s taking this much time for what is undoubtedly a rather small fix is evidence that Blizz has assigned very few employees to work on said fix. This isn’t a priority for them. Very sad, lots of us who don’t have AVX are hard-core Diablo II players who never upgraded our PCs because the only game that matters to us runs fine (D2LoD). Now we are left out to dry while PoE players spam the forums with posts about how they should make changes to D2R because the mechanics are “outdated”. Pretty evident that Blizzard doesn’t care about its customers, especially if they are fans of it’s older games. It almost seems like they are trying to push us away from the game we grew up loving. D2LoD s by far my favorite game of all time, I pre-ordered D2R on the first day, played the beta soo much, and now I’m actually considered refunding. Such a shame, man. So let down by all this. That blue post today was incredibly vague and perfunctory. Ugh.

18 Likes

Thanks, but too late.
Like it sounds in russian language: “хороша ложка к обеду”.

5 Likes

I feel your pain. 8 days with no ETA on a fix for a massive company like Blizzard… yeah. They don’t actually care

6 Likes

Yea I mean… serious bummer - don’t think I’ll keep waiting around for this. Good luck everybody and hope there is still SOME nostalgia left for you all.

Can’t imagine a worse situation for Blizzard and for the relationship with their once loyal customers. This truly was an insult up and down the board and as many have mentioned - This would have required some Serious incompetence to do unintentionally… it flies in the face of ALL software development cycles to not backward compatibility test. Yikes - I’m going on vacation.

1 Like

Now motherboards been added to the list…

1 Like

simply because not all motherbords can run a cpu that got AVX

1 Like

Correct, some people would not only need to buy a new CPU, also a new Motherboard, and maby other parts, too

2 Likes

hoy cuando será ese parche ?

i am glad us not being able to even launch the game, not to mention play has now become top priority, good luck with testing and hope you succeed, even though i would prefer to not have to wait so long and avoid some stuff that was said to paid customers, but i am glad it is still being worked on and not forgotten

What a pathetic joke this is. Glad i got my refund instead of trusting them to actually fix it this week. Multi dollar company indeed…

3 Likes

“Today and through early next week”
No one works over the weekend to fix this for the PAYING costumers?
It feels like it was just a minor mistake. I didn’t pay for a blue play button.
If I messed something up at work, I had to work over the weekend to fix it.
And if it was enabled so easily that no one noticed, why is it so hard to disable it???

7 Likes

On the bright side, I actualy earned money by refunding, as $ to € conversion rate changed in favor since purchasing game :joy:

8 Likes

And another weekend without D2R. Dunno why i’m suprised tbh.