AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

why do some testing if not to fix it??

1 Like

You mustve missed their later communications were they retconned their ‘it was a mistake’ statement to "Even though CPUs without AVX are below our system requirements, we’ll still try and work on a fix’.
(there was no and still is no AVX specification in the minimum requirements. Their asses are coverd, they probably have some “blah blah minimum speccs can be changed at any time because reasons” scribble somewhere. Its just lying and backtracking makes it look like they are now leaving the door open to not fixing it if its too much of an issue)

1 Like

С момента выхода D2R я часто захожу на форумы, как на европейский, так и на американский, поэтому достаточно осведомлён о том, что происходит в разделе технической поддержки. В темах посвящённых проблеме AVX давно не было голубых постов, возможно это связано с тем что люди заняты поиском решения, и ответа стоит ждать не раньше пятницы, или с тем что у blizzard есть дела поважнее.

Некоторые авторы постов близки к политике blizzard и явно намекают всем остальным, что их компьютеры представляют собой хлам, которому уже давно пора отправиться на помойку. И что проблема с AVX это капля в море для blizzard и компания не будет вредить остальным игрокам, у которых игра работает нормально, внося изменения в угоду небольшому проценту пользователей. При этом не учитывается тот факт, что не у каждого есть возможность обновлять свой компьютер каждые 3-5 лет, особенно сейчас, когда цены на процессоры и видеокарты вскочили до небес.

Есть пользователи, которые зашли ещё дальше и купили на смену старым машинам, новые компьютеры. Они пошли на поводу у blizzard, заплатив деньги за саму игру и отдав приличную сумму за новую систему. Представим теперь такую ситуацию: Blizzard через две недели находит решение для всех проблем связанных с процессорами и выпускает патч, после чего игра запускается на всех компьютерах невзирая на наличие инструкции AVX. Мне кажется люди купившие новый ПК будут немного огорчены, осадочек в любом случае останется. Я, конечно же, по такому пути не пойду. Blizzard не заставит меня сменить компьютер, скорее я перестану покупать игры этой компании.

С любопытством жду следующего голубого поста, очень интересно как поведёт себя компания.

8 Likes

i said they will try to fix it, they said its hard to do it, implied it might not be possible, doesnt mean they wont try to fix it
all depends how much of the live code depends on avx etc

Thanks for the guidance guys.
:slight_smile:
I get it now. My CPU does not support AVX.

go on and read again this post…

1 Like

I can totally see blizz not turning off AVX. Its been too long. There are so many other issues. The devs said before launch they are here for 10 days, and then the team may get moved - this was in an interview. I gave up and dropped 500 on new cpu/mobo. fml

1 Like

For me this post is a bit unclear.

CPU’s without AVX are below minimal requirements. And it seems that they still will be after the fix. He says that additing AVX requirement AT LANUCH was a bad idea, not addting AVX in general. So, I guess they will try to allow people without AVX to LANUCH a game. Ok. But will it be playable without AVX? For me, that’s a different story. The post leaves these matters unclear.

I just wonder… why AVX is needed for optimalization? Was beta badly unoptimized? I played it in stable 60 fps on low settings on my old G3240 + R7 260 + 8 gb ram. For me personally it was in a very good spot in case of performance. But I am not an expert.

They made you spend 500$/euro for 40euro remastered game.
I don’t know what spec you had to give up, Too bad you gave up.
My spec has no AVX and is still kicking PC games on ultra!

It is one game out of millions…

1 Like

Good morning All,
I just wanted to say that don’t forget that there are people who have PC’s that do support AVX and still can’t launch this game.

Also for those people saying customers should read etc and not blame Blizzard for this mess, well the minimum specs for this game did not detail AVX as being a requirement.

It’s all about transparency, if they had said from the start that this game clearly needed AVX then the player base, customers, could go an research whether their CPU supported it or not before buying.

All the minimum specs details was the CPU speed, nothing more. So to blame the player base for not reading is dam right insulting.

On a separate note, I’ve been tinkering with my PC since the release of this game, the furthest I could get was if I disable my Realtek onboard sound, I get as far as a black screen, it doesn’t crash out straight away. So going back to where people have said this goes deeper than AVX, I’m kind inclined to agree.

Like I mentioned before, if you run this game as Windows 8 compatibility, then the Bliz Log gives a little more detail, might be worth giving this a try and seeing what you get.

Anyway, I hope you’re all and staying safe. All the best,

Izual ~ Anthony

3 Likes

Still broken obviously, but looks like still no meaningful updates since I last checked this thread.

Race is on, will it get fixed or will it need to wait till my next system upgrade to play?

Still haven’t been able to play a minute on PC… went perfect on Beta. “Minimum requirements accidently added”… good job!

1 Like

he said friday… honestly i dont know if this pez knows hows to do his job and knows whats the purpose of his job. put it simply its to establish relations with players so they wont grow tired of the game.

addressing a major issue such as this needs everyday update. he can dive us into what specifics they are working on day by day and im sure the community wudve been alot better than refunding. blizz are you sure about your frontguy? he knows alot of players are furious and he choose to update people about his abs in a public-business twitter account. facepalm

15 Likes

If the issue actually is as complex as they’re making it out to be and the “fix” could impact existing players in unexpected ways there’s no way they’d release it on a Friday and risk something happening over the weekend that impacts more than the minority suffering from this issue. Just get yourselves ready for a “we’ll leave it in further QA testing over the weekend and apply it next week” reply.

6 Likes

Oh fug, he said update on Friday :frowning: I thought it was supposed to be today ( Thursday)…

Man I don’t want to go another weekend not being able to play…

2 Likes

Blizzard and maybe release a beta build? The beta build we played not so long ago. :smiley:

7 Likes

Yeah, right?! The first thing I thought was… what happens on Friday Oct 1st? What is Oct 1st in the corporate world? New fiscal quarter, new fiscal year. Sheesh.

1 Like

Got a refund within 2 days after request

I have X5650 processor with 24gb memory and it works fine by me. Will my system launch D2R?

Pretty sure that cpu does not have avx, and therefore would not work untill the avx issue is fixed.

After the avx issue is fixed, I cannot promise that it will work, but I would bet on yes if forced to bet on it.

2 Likes