AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

The video above that was posted is exactly the AVX issue is. Your CPU supports AVX so that is not the problem. What this means is that the upcoming patch will not fix your issue. It will only fix the one shown in the video.

Do you see a black screen for a split second when you try to open it? Remember you’re laptop has no graphics card, only integrated graphics. If it can’t run it you can refund now and buy later. (Make sure to enable all the full performance settings on your laptop btw. Have it plugged in, put the battery savings stuff on performance not economy etc.)

edit: I would look on zoom but i am at work right now

1 Like

Could we get a blue text update please? We haven’t heard from you guys since this morning.

5 Likes

Exact same error here!

Hi all, I still have the Problem that D2 Resurrected is not starting on my PC.
Treibers are up to date. Also windows.

i have tried several times to repair it, reinstall it. Nothing happen.

What could be the solution?
Did I need to change something in the Folders or did I need an additional Command line?

Im not happy. First paid 40€ for a game which will not start.

Show on Twitter:

`

[#D2R]
The server issues have been resolved. We still continue to investigate
characters being locked out of games and the game unable to launch for
some players.

— Blizzard CS - The Americas
(@BlizzardCS) September
24, 2021

`

They just made a forum post and completely ignored this issue guys…

Diablo II: Resurrected - 9.24 Update - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Been a Blizzard consumer since D2 launched all those years ago, was my first PC game and loved it. I was not part of the Beta for D2R due to my irl things, however I knew that I was between min/recommended system requirements. Preordered this week, installed. press play/launching/playing now … … . play again. I built my PC to destroy D3 when it released and D3 was fun for a long time until rifts came around then it just became a huge farm rather than an experience.

D2 is “my game” if anyone understands what I mean and it has been huge part of my life, never uninstalled even I don’t think. I still have the cd’s! This remake looks amazing… … . from youtube.

Blizzard can we please get some kind of update on this Forum post and not on twitter, use your own forums please. So many of us in the dark and people are already asking for money back. Be the Blizzard that I have been buying from for my entire gaming life and not what social media as labeled you as.

4 Likes

I9 980 Fury X

Same issue here… Like come on how many times do blizz have to make me feel like a failed as a customer.

If you press play and nothing happens, this is a known issue and they are working on a patch.

where is the Link giving this information?

1 Like

Hey Delayar,

wir alle haben das gleiche Problem. Es liegt wohl an Blizzard selbst, vermutlich daran, dass nur CPU’s das Spiel starten können, die AVX auch unterstützen.

ps: Treiber=Drivers :slight_smile:

Lmfaooo love it. For those that don’t think this is being done on purpose to save their servers, you’re just ignorant.

2 Likes

Oh, the lock out is still an issue? So the aka is, “more people are having this issue, and they are actually playing and reacting to the game, so that will be the priority.”

Unable to launch for “some” players, I would say “thousands of players”…

4 Likes

Spam this goof:

https://twitter.com/PezRadar

Keep spamming his twitter with FIX AVX.
Otherwise, they’ll prioritize server stability again and AVX might be fixed Monday, if that.
Spam him hard and constantly until he cannot address anything else.

2 Likes

ARE THEY INSANE?! i cant believe it…

Wait they made an official community update post on the forums and they ignored the number one issue on the forum… this thread has 2.3k replies and 24k views

3 Likes

this is incredibly disapointing

1 Like

[We’ve been reviewing crash reports across all platforms as we work to make Diablo II: Resurrected as stable as possible. lets hope they mean avx

Way to miss the mark there blizz. Touched on every issue under the sun but ours.