At Least Y'all can even Play the Game

I can’t even open the client. Played beta just fine, now the application doesn’t even launch, no crash screen, whatever. Go to tech support, tons of other people are having the same issue, Blizzard says it’s not a priority right now.

Last Blizzard purchase ever, and for good reason. Can’t even get a 21 year old game to launch properly.

2 Likes

I know right, this is worse than Cyberpunk

4 Likes

im using a pretty crappy pc with a 1030 3gb gpu and its been flawless besides these server/rollback issues. wonder why some people have problems

It’s not always about GPU. There are CPU and mobo issues to consider.

It’s likely Blizzard is not incorporating support for certain models of hardware.

i get that but that’s what im saying im using a pretty crappy pc with newb cpu. so does that mean you’re using a potato?

are you running windows 10?

Eh, I can’t even do offline mode because despite the fact that I created an online character this morning, the game says I haven’t logged in online in the last 30 days. And worse still, when it pops up that window that tells you that and you click OK, you can’t do anything to get out of the client normally because at that point in the login sequence it is at the “press any key to begin”, and it counts ESC as a key, and thus you can’t exit the client because it just pops up that window again. It does this endlessly and the only way you can get out is to ALT-F4.

Devs did not do basic authentication testing, because this is really , really easy to spot if you launch the client offline even once in a test cycle. Yes, I know they’ll fix this mess eventually, but it just baffles me how the easy to find stuff wasn’t even tested.

Thankfully I have my FF XIII game to plat while they work out the bugs and fried hamsters. Definitely not a good start, that’s for sure. :frowning:

The game data is not new, but the game’s dual graphics engines are. The game client is entirely modernized. Obviously not without its bugs and oversights, but this isn’t your daddy’s D2.

Yes. I played beta just fine. Now it doesn’t open.

No? It means I’m using a CPU/mobo with features that Blizzard isn’t supporting. I run D2R with all settings maxed with max frames.

What are your exact system specs?

Ryzen 7 2700 CPU
ROG Strix B450 mobo
MSI 1060 6GB GPU
16GB Corsair RAM
2TB Samsung QVO SSD

Well you definitely meet at least the minimum requirements. On the off chance that this is a privilege issue, you could navigate to where the D2R.EXE is and set it to open as administrator. You shouldn’t have to do that, but as I found out today, online mode isn’t saving local auth tokens to unlock offline mode, which is usually caused by lack of administrator privileges. Worth a shot to see if it will get it to at least launch.

I would like to start the game via D2R.exe if there was one in the game folder at all :smiley:

Already did all of that. Checked drivers, did a game scan, reinstalled, nothing.