[Assassin] Lack of endgame runewords

Indeed. If you are going in this direction to be MA you are MA, adding sentry… you are kind of pianist.
I cannot approve this one.

1 Like

It would be nice if they had some 2 socket claw runewords for warfists. They’re really underutilized and have the highest average damage.

A kicker oriented rw would be good too. No ED on it but lots of +elemental, + magic damage, crushing blow, open wounds, ias. Good on hit effects like amp damage/lower res/life tap, tornado, static, frozen orb.

1 Like

Black runeword in claws

2 Likes

while there aren’t any “assassin” end game runewords, assassins are just the least gear dependend character of them all, so it’s fine.

lmao we don’t need another grief in the game, thanks.

Not all assassins are trappers. MA assassins not really op at all.

2 Likes

MA are essentially casters too, their damage comes from skills. They just need + skills and chance to hit from their weapons.

1 Like

Although I have no opposition to assassins getting new good claw runewords. I do want to see how the MA assassin actually plays out with all the new changes. I think it might be sleeper OP and do crazy damage.

2 Likes

You don’t play assassins, ww assassins need weapon damage. You could have MA assassins that use finishers only that could care less about +skills. Kickers don’t don’t use weapon damage at all and only certain effects work with kicks, so it’s very specific what weapons work with them. I don’t know man, you’re offering opinions on assassins when you’re not even sure what the builds are.

They have to fix next hit delay first, there now way to tell of the current buffs are enough if half the damage from charges can’t even be accounted for. As of now it’s not really that impressive even with endgame gear compared with a kick assassin on live.

1 Like

Ignore Target Defense doesn’t work on Act bosses.

So I would prefer +% Attack Rating, since it’s applicable from Act 1 Fallen to Pandemonium Diablo and everything in between.

1 Like

It would be so so incredebily nice to have a +45% attack speed, +2 assa skill runeword…

2 Likes

Assassin is a good class, don’t count her as being underpowered… But that said, it is obvious that Sin misses a lot of good runewords, because her affinity is claws, and claws have limited choices…

Amazon got infinity in spears, so it opens up the debate: “what about sins?”

I haven’t thought too heavily, but should there be a class of claws that can roll 4os or 5os or even 6os?

A lot of classes are being modernized, I feel if Sin got nerfed in PvP because of mind-blast stun-lock, so in my view, it’s okay to buff sins a little bit…

1 Like

tbh dont bother giving little buff to sin for pvp if hit ricovery change goes through. Unless it a grief like claw that will make melee assassin viable with out relying to stunlock, it wont really matter

It’s not just the RWs, and claws. There’s not much going on for assassins in other item slots either.

1 Like

That’s why I suggested that Crescent Moon would be a perfect candidate to be made in Claws, and opens up more build diversity for Assassins.

3 Likes

Then follow up with a mirror image of crescent moon for the sun and make it fire.

I do think that existing RW “Fury” already mentioned above in text by the Author, should be “corrected” and +5 to Frenzy should be made OS (so to drop Barb only condition), as the Dual Claws Frenzy Assassin could be very interesting Char to play . It is not much of correction , but it would open a new possibility for a Sin …

1 Like

I agree with making Fury just +5 Fury, but that puts it in a catagory with Chaos, its not an MA sin claw. It becomes an entirely other build that ignores MA. And fury’s damage is pretty average. I can’t complain and would run a DW fury claw sin in a heartbeat though, especially with the PTR’s buffed Blade Shield to supplement damage and some aoe clear.

Really the solution here is to open up the other melee weapon 3 runeword choices to claws. Being able to craft a claw with +3 to skills implicitly would be a massive boon for any sin.

Yes - its a shame that 'sins don’t really have claw attacks for dealing physical melee damage. The wind up skills are just normal attacks and the spender’s are mostly kicks.

** so - perhaps Claw Mastery needs a significant buff so it can enhance her charge up attacks to be solid single-target. Stun, CB, %dam. Also it could work with Blades? or provide a synergy

If Paladin’s can get +420% from concentration for their physical damage and their parties then I think assassin’s Claw Mastery can be significantly buffed for the paltry few attacks she does with claws.

That was and my proposal. Claw Mastery is one of the skills must be buffed.
Venom x2/x3 also and etc.
It’s here [Assassin] Changes we would like to see - #59 by Arkadietz-2739