[Assassin] Changes we would like to see

Dragon Talon is a garbage. It’s good only for Ubers.
For PVM or PVE it’s a joke.

What?! Absolutely not.

In both Live right now and the PTR, I’ve been using a lot of DTalon. It takes care of Act 5 bosses in Hell with no problem, just holding the key and attacking with no charges at all.

1 Like

For bosses - kind of… for running a hole level - absolutely not! It’s too slooooooooowwwww
This is a single target and single target only skill!

Think assa is quite fine now with some good builds out there.

Dragon claw needs some buff - it is fine on its own but needs a different interaction with charge skills. At this point it just cant compete with other finishers.

Next hit delay on blade sentinel is insane and kills the “new” build so we a still stuck with just the old blade fury there - which is kinda a worse lighting trap build.

Maybe some more damage on fire traps - atleast inferno one still needs a lot more damage.

I like that information about the assassin is a little kicker :grin:

2 Likes

DT, not needed
DF why, and 1 second is a long time to stun
CT and PS, these will never be good until next hit delay is changed.
BoS and Fade, you simply should never be using fade in the first place as an assassin. Bos >>Fade
Shadows they don’t need anything. 1 pt investment eventually makes them quite tanky
Treachery, hell no.

Not true. Fade has situational use in Hell, when you come up a specifically tough Unique monster, I sometimes pop in Fade for that specific kill only. Feels nice, like an Assassin resorting to a specific skill on her arsenal for a specific hard kill. =]

But I digress from the topic here, sorry.

1 Like

I have no idea how you guys build your Assassins, but I have tested multiple different MA builds without Drac’s that survives without taking spike damage in p8. I generally stopped using Drac’s on any build back in December except for when I do Ubers. D3ny is saying squishy for p1 without Stormshield, I’d say squishy in p8 without 23+ DR%. There’s multiple versions of MA that works great in p8 with decent speed. I’d put them as A-tier.

Again whit the can’t do P8 on their own. So? There are just a handfull of builds that can. We don’t need every build on the same lvl of power, I can’t stress this enough. MAsin is in a way better spot than then before. And don’t forget this is not the only patch we’re getting. This is a good foundation they can biuld upon in the future.

1 Like

In the moment on 2.3 MA it’s total nightmare. You can’t play it and nobody play it.
Well with 2.4 we have improvements but not enough. I am not sure why you are mentioning Dracul’s Grasp. I don’t need them in regular run. Only for Ubers.
Martial Arts can’t handle on P4/P8. Damage it’s not enough.
Please give us a link to your build in d2planner so we can check this build.
Try to run Chaos P8 or Cows P8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

D3ny was talking about survivability and Life Tap, I was guessing Dracul’s. Martial Arts can definitely handle p8. Not exactly with budget gear which is subjective, but still. I have done atleast 50 runs of each. I’ll rather show you gameplay than just items since there’s so many different item setups that you can use for it. Fluffy/Teifu#7149 on discord

I think the key to making the martial arts assassin tanky is to put 1-pt into cobra strike… If you get 1-pt cobra strike and add it in to your attack rotation whenever you need to regen HP/Mana it works very well…

I’m not using Cobra Strike in p8

Sending friend request to Fluffy#7149

Fluffy/Teifu#7149 on discord

MA assassin cant clear P8 fast enought making it not worth for MF. We have the new Spearzon and FoHpaladin doing P8 consistently fast and safer and also the ZooDruid doing the P8 with a good speed and more safer than the other two builds. MA assassin needs the remove of Next Hit Delay to deal a good damaga with her skills and maybe 10%-20% bonus damage. And the single elemental MAs should be fixed to have the same AS as PO, Cobra and Tiger.

MA sins do less damage than Holy fire paladins and all the paladin has to do is just stand there. The effort is not worth the payoff especially when other classes can do the same thing with no effort.

I might be stupid here but the effort makes it fun for me. And the playstyle. Standing or running around while everything dies, or mashing one button is boooooreeeing as Hell. Ma sin might not cut it, but so does many other builds. Again, we don’t need every build to be in S-tier.

2 Likes

Buffing Sorc hydras, FoH for dual Smiter/FoH, Spearzon doing Ubers and fast clearing P8 are very good undertunned classes that needed buffs. S classes got even better. Is that fair to leave assassin C or B tier? Or better, we had a buff in MA build and not that much changed because of the old Next Hit Delay.

1 Like

I hate the holy fire build as well, but the effort required for MA skills has to be reflected in the payoff as well. Right now the damage is just too low. So low that you’re better of just using death sentry after you kill 1 or 2 mobs.

Right now is just silly that the kill speed with endgame gear is slower than a kicksin with way cheaper gear and a few points in death sentry. Kick assassin isn’t even a top meta build, never mind comparing it to other classes.

They manage to make the build run smoother, aside from the next delay issue. But the power level is still not there for it to be appealing compared to other MA builds, and it’s straight up terrible compared to traps.

1 Like