Anyone playing with GeForce GTX 745?

Before I buy, wondered if I could get any feedback from someone using
GeForce GTX 745 4GB.

I should be okay with 16G ram and i7 processor and I don’t plan on playing hardcore anymore or needing super fast reactions. Don’t even care a lot about playing with low graphic settings.

But also don’t want to struggle with stuttering and choppy play that takes the fun out of teleporting to baal or meph with a sorc, for example.

Edit: Wondering if a mod could move to General for more views. Without owning game I can post here but not there.

Yeah, so I tried once running it on a laptop with GTX 745M
the game launched, however the power section got pretty darn hot within minutes of standing in town, even turning down graphics to windowed 1280x720 and scaling to 50% and everything to either low or off, or even legacy mode, did not change this, within minutes the laptop was triggering heat throtling. hard to say if the game will run smooth on a desktop PC with such a card.
I decided I don’t want to risk it ruining that laptop with D2R, as often time you may read stories on this forum how D2R killed someone’ss system due to insufficient cooling.

I was using a laptop cooling stand that wasn’t connected to the motherboard, but powered from a separate smartphone charger instead. this didn’t help either.

Simply put the game may launch, but it may as well quickly become laggy and choppy, and even the gpu may fry if it has insufficient cooling.
there is a reason why it states x60 as the minimum for the nvidia cards as the required standard. simply put lower end cards may run the game but perform poorly… and i think that is the case

Appreciate the feedback, helps confirm the direction I’ve been leaning.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.