Advice on Andy runs on sorc needed

So I’ve been making my first Lightning Sorc and decided to go for some Andariel runs for a while. Im 83 lvl and still dont have my Infinity, so I’m running around with Crescent Moon, Sunder Charm and a really good Ormus with +3 Lightning. My merc is Barb with 5800 def and 21% Lifeleech. I’m doing just fine throughout Hell with enough dps and my merc tanking. But here is an issue.
I really dont want to wield my Sunder Charm around Andy cause she has no light immune and Crescent Moon is just enough to reduce her resist, lightning unics hurt me with charm when I get to her room. My merc takes off all the unics with L resist perfectly, so I have no need to help him in the runs to take them off. But Andy is a problem for him. I want to outtank her by merc and here is what I did so far.
He has a 90 Poison resist thanks to Venom Ward which I graded to Exceptional for some more def (no big deal right?) so 95 resist with potion. Poison doesn’t hurt him, but Andy’s physics does. He has 5800 def on lvl 83 and Andy has 14k ar on 74 lvl or so. So she has around 63% chance to hit on him which is enough to cause trouble, considering no life leech on bosses. If I kite her well he survives, but I’m thinking of something more robust to outlast Andyruns.
Again, all I want is a merc to get through Andy, so poison and phys damage. Should I gear my barb? Should I repick my merc? All ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.

As much as you typed all this up. You are missing the following information.

1. What weapons is your merc using?
  2. What helm is merc wearing?

My question is.

1. Why continue to use venom ward?
  2. What is your highest rune?
  3. Do you have any points into static?

I don’t see how weapon info is gonna help cause no dem is needed from my merc as you can see in OP and life leech is useless on Andy :wink: Same is for helm cause all I need is resist poison dem reduce and def. But here goes.

1. 2 Shaeld Jhinn Slayers for some fire dem on Andy.
  2. Vampire Gaze for dem reduct.
    On your questions.
  3. 95% Poison resist.
  4. I have a Gul in stock now.
  5. How could I not being a Light Sorc :slight_smile: Current lvl is 6 or so. Put 1 sp in it.
    Anyway, I guess I already found the answer. I think I’ll go for sazabi’s set couse it has 16 dem reduction and plus skill and hp and 75 poison reduction. I’ll socket it for some more def or poison resist if needed. Most unics with light resist happen to be demons and Sazabi’s Cobalt Redeemer gonna do just fine. And a Djinn Slayer on second hand for some good fire damage on Andy.

I don’t see why you don’t equip your merc like you fully equip yourself. Barb merc can do a lot of damage. Plague is popular on him. Bramble has 100% poison but not the best choice if you only doing for Andy runs.

But since you found your answer. I rest my case.

Only Meph (nm and hell) and Diablo (hell) have 0 Leech.
Hell Andy has 33%, even Hell Baal has 20% leech effectiveness.

Sazabi’s is a good option for non-ladder. If you’re on ladder, Cure helm + shaftstop would be good too.