Add Cross-play for the launch

Is there technical reason for not adding cross play? It’s already possible to just plug your controller and the UI change so why not cross play? Add an option to decide if I want to create or join cross play games that allowed players from different platforms to play together. Or the minimum to join a game in the friend list without platform limitation!

1 Like

That is not planned. As of right now the Devs feel that the play styles differ way too much between platforms based on game changes made for those platforms.

That is not so say it won’t ever happen though. They are allowing console controllers on PC for example which is a huge difference than using a mouse and keyboard. So, time will tell if they ever have it. Don’t expect it for launch though.

Rod Fergusson

“It’s something we looked at, for sure, as part of looking at cross-progression, but the cross-progression was the clearest indication of what we should be doing. And so cross-play is something we continue to look at. But it’s not something that’s going to be in there at launch.”

Might be added later on.

1 Like

I really hope the devs understand that we buy the game to play with friends.

At least I hope they reconsider to allow joining friends list games regarding the platform.

The same limitation made me quit D3 and I am sure I am not the only one.

1 Like

I quite D3 cause D3 as a game sucked. The ability for cross play had nothing to do with it lol.

I really hope Cross-Play becomes available, I mean, we get to use battle.net accounts, online corss-progression but not crossplay…? Blizzard, you should really allow that, as said already, most people bought it to play with friends, I got it for my wife on Nintendo Switch and she never played the game before, I wanted to join her and help her through the game but I can’t, it’s kind of deceiving… please Blizzard look further into it, I tell you guys, your fans will be more than pleased and moreover, you’ll get more people buying the game and that, just cause we could all play together…

1 Like

The games for different systems are different games with the same skin. They are handled differently down to the core.

Don’t try protecting them. FFXI in 2002 ran with Crossplay, Fortnite, Minecraft, Paladin, CoD, do you need more exemples? If programmers from 2002 could program crossplay to work efficiently, Blizzard can. They are just too lazy to do it. For lord’s sake… FORTNITE and MINECRAFT allow it! They ain’t handled differently, all your datas are saved on Blizzard and Battle.net servers. Crossprogression is the best proof of what I am saying.And you know what? THAT is what’s gonna take em down. Mark my words.

its due to laziness, like the rest of the problems.

the devs could do it easily if management would give them the go ahead, some over time, no “crunch” at the last minute… server cant even handle the normal load, let alone cross-play though.

i don’t care if some console players cant keep up with a mouse and keyboard lol, its not a race… we can have controllers on pc, they cant add a mouse and keyboard to console for the few that “need” it?.

lots of other games, that are significantly more complex, can do it no problem.

Those games are also not 20 year old games.