Act 1 Cinematic cons and pros; just enhance please

I’m terrible at SC 1 and 2 but I love the franchise. I also enjoy the story. I use to drag out the campaign as long as possible. I’m also a fan of playing 1v7 on BGH.

I suck at them too. I was okay at winning against gold leagues or below in sc2, but that was mostly because I knew the strats beginner players usually don’t know how to counter, anyone who knew what they were doing wiped the floor with me lol. So I was mostly into custom games and campaign too. Especially me and my friends playing against each other or against bots.

Honestly being a lore enthusiast for any of those games is nothing unusual imo, since the lore is simply an aspect of the game that one enjoys; no different from someone who enjoys a game simply for it’s gameplay or even graphics, as opposed to anything else.

Regarding the three franchises, Diablo’s the only one that I’ve keeping up to date with, as I haven’t been into Starcraft since Brood Wars; and once WoW came out, my interest in Warcraft quickly decline so I know very little about the lore (especially if there’s been any changes/retcons made in accordance to WoW).

That said, if I ever did get back into them (or try to at least), catching up with Lore would be the first action I’d take in order to do so. That’s just how important lore is for me when it comes to most of my favorite franchises (be they games, movies, books, or shows).

You misssed nothing. WoW lore is a mess.

Awh crap, anyone I can move the post? Thanks for telling me. I thought I had posted it in the D2 section section… darn it.

To be honest, I do think that Marius’ facial animations are significantly better in the original. I also agree that it was better to keep Tyrael more shrouded.

Beyond that I think the remaster scenes are better. I just hope the act 4 scene turns out well.

who really cares about cinematics. Watch it once and never watch again. Maybe thats just me though.

I used to watch those cinematics every time on every character. They were very well done for the time.

The D2 cinematics, especially the first one, are the greatest of all time, imo. No cinematics have ever touched it. I haven’t seen the remastered version, but my expectations are low – not because I think the remaster will suck; it would just be foolhearty to expect them to be the greatest ever. That’s what it would take to match D2’s original.

I think they look great. The old ones honestly have not aged well and look… kinda bad. Shrug

Facial animations aside I think it was pretty good. The side by side video someone posted shows how close they are. They are nearly the same scenes, just with worse facial. Really makes me wonder why Marius looks so stiff in the remastered scenes.

Thank for the video. Personally, I don’t like how they darker the lighting in the Remaster cinematic.
That been say I still LOVE the remaster cinematic.

How much time did you spend needlessly picking the cinematic apart and to what end?

How often are you going to actually watch the cut scenes after release lol?

I hope you put this much effort into your schoolwork lol.

the character bringing the drinks in the tavern, asking: “do you want something” is physically (anatomical build) a dwarf/little person/pc-correct term.

this has been changed.

I watched them side by side and i agree with most of your points. Though i believe the last few paragraphs slamming the game as a cash grab hurts your overall criticism and makes it feel as though you were looking for reasons to hate.

It really stood out to me the lack of movements and expressions of regret, terror and sorrow from Marius when talking to Baal. In the original it looks like Marius is on the borderline of insanity with the hauntings of his visions. You don’t get that feeling with the remake.

The sword was too dark in the remake as well. The narrator is talking about the wanderer struggling to drag his sword but you can barely tell he has one.

Other than those relatively small things i think it looks pretty dang good and am happy.

agree on the marius point. in the original he often tilts his head down and avoids eye contact more as a sign of guilt. though i liked the new bar scene more in terms of facial expression. and i thought the act2 movie was better than the original. loved the tal rasha close ups. overall a good job.

it’s a freaking cinematic that people are going to watch once and then skip for every other playthru they do. who cares.these threads of nitpicking is tilting me and honestly quite annoying. people need to get over themselves and just enjoy it for what it is.

That might be true for most games but these are arguably the best cinematic’s that Blizzard ever made. Many people watched them over and over again because of how well it conveys the story and the chills it sends down your spine when viewed. These aren’t just any old games cinematic’s!