A New End-Game GM PVP Melee Rune Word

We need this. Please :slight_smile:

The main options right now are limited for the good-mannered pvp melee community. I am curious to what ideas the community has. I’ll kick off the discussion with this rune word suggestion:

2 Socket Weapons (All/Any weapons so the rw can get put to good use. I chose 2 sockets so that daggers can be used and we can finally find a use for 2 soc weapons)

Zod+Lo (This adds indestructible and deadly strike, which are very useful in melee)

Indestructible (from Zod)
+30-80% Increased attack speed
+300-450% Enhanced Damage
+1000-2000 Attack Rating
+20% Deadly Strke (from Lo)
+20-30% Crushing Blow
+20-30% Open Wounds

Idk about names, maybe “Izual’s Justice” or something cool like that.

I chose large variables to make it interesting. Low rolls would compete with edc and ebotd but lucky rolls would yield some of the most competitive melee weapons out there. It would be interesting to see different builds and weapons that could be used with a rw like this. Just my 2 cents :slight_smile: Post up what you think would be cool to see as well.

2 Likes

You think you do, but you don’t

3 Likes

Yes, I do. What kind of melee rune word would you propose?

lol…plz blizz give me all the most op mods ever

name it Noobstick

7 Likes

They should name that thing Noobstick

4 Likes

with that name id make it just for the name alone and personalize it at anya’s.

1 Like

Why? Crushing blow doesnt work in pvp.

What’s the reason for it not working? Is that a PVP balance change they made?

Yeah its pvp balance i guess. Some things works differently in pvp. For example life leech is nerfed also.

1 Like

Crushing Blow DOES work in pvp. You might want to check your sources again.

Right, my mistake, but effectivness of it is also very low right?

It should be doing only 10% in pvp.even lower in ranged attacks, 1/20?

D2lod pvp is a sad meme I mean I wouldn’t really consider it pvp no game modes no ladders no gear progressing d2lod pvp is for ppl who suck at real pvp and can’t handle pvp games! It’s a sad laughable meme and a fake end game talking about pvp does nothing for the game

not that low…quite effective in lld duels(especially notable on kickers//smiter lld)

for ww barb it is possibly nerf because…12 hits burning 10% is a lot :S…but not something i confirmed on a ww

Are you sure? because it loose effectivness quite a lot with lower amount of HP and even more with single hit. From what i have found, its pretty much usefull only in BvB where you have thousands of life.

In lld if you have like idk 500 life, it will take only 50 then 45, then 40… If it procs of course.

50 is a huge chunk…and at 33% rate from crushflange thats quite solid

lvl 18 Kicker run around with about 600ish Life while other 18 lld run around with 800ish(lld kicker gotta sacrifice bits of life to power up dmg trough Str charms)

50 base…60 alkor potion X3…+34 from lvl up…+360 from charms(24 15 Life SC) + 95/115 Angelic Amy//Ring + 1 Manald/Rare Ring(120 AR,20 mana,5 Str,5 replenish, 2 dmg reduction)…599 Life

5 Str LC X 8
to be precise about the charms

Static Large Charm of Str(+1-9 Light dmg + 5 Str)
Static Small Charm of Life(1-11 Light dmg + 15 Life)

32-336 Lightning dmg(charms)
+40 Str(charms)
+360 Life

Happy time playing 18 level character wearing an item with zod rune in it.

Crushflange doesnt sound like good idea really as its slower than claws and claws can have sockets or some magic properties on top of it like +ias?

Twitchthroe 20% ias…Sig Gloves 30% IAS…3/3/3/3/9 frame attack speed without BoS
sing Crushflange…with BoS active(at least lvl 3) the 3/3/3/3/7 frame BP cap is reach

thats for lld…in hld case…Phase Blade lawbringer + 15% ias jewel in Guillaume net the 3/3/3/3/9 bp which is plenty…3/3/3/3/7 is optionnal…as long the frame speed isn’t 4/4/4/4/5…-5 frames for 15% ias > -1 frame for an additional 15% ias

Claw wise they got nothing special except the Amp mod but in lld fights its unreliable

lifeleech hasnt worked in pvp in like 15 years when was the last time you played this b4 d2r

edit* yes CB does work in pvp

When was last time you played? Life leech does work in pvp and always did. It is just heavily nerfed.

1 Like