A issue with assiged skills on mouse!

I’ve encounted a very annoying in-game playing technical bug that somehow changes and replaces my specified skills assiged on my both left&right sides of the mouse with another skills which I was also offen using by the shortcut keys, it’s happend so sudden so that I couldn’t find how exactly was happening with the issue, but mostly it happens when I’ve used the skill of teleport into a bounch of monsters then dead without casting the specific skills it supposed to be assigned to my mouse!

Would you check it out for me please!Thanks so much!

1 Like

How should they check this out? Nobody else have this problem. You have to describe it better.

Well, Actually there is at least one similar case like mine as I looked up a bit in the forum!
Here is the link to it: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/quick-cast-unexpectedly-replaces-right-mouse-button-skill-assignment/128215
About clearer description of this issue as I mentioned above, It occured so sudden without any clues, totally randomized understood? But it occurs more frequently like once or twice in 3 rounds of game!

This definitely happens much more frequently when you are rapidly casting your right click skill and/or hot key skills. I just faced it again and ended up dying because I decided to take more risk to get closer and finish off with nova, but it was changed to blizzard which was on cooldown, so my character did nothing until the enemy took that opportunity to finish me off instead.
I believe this is much worse when your ping is higher I think.
I think the real reason behind this is because of the mechanic of hot key skills; it has to assign right click skill over with it, cast, and then revert the assignment. For online play, calculations are all done on the server, and with some people having bad ping and all, I think there is a bit of a race condition going on.

Thanks man for backing me up, and that’s exactly as you wrote! Hopefully the maintenance team will do something about it!

You are not alone. I am also experiencing the same thing. It happens when using a combination of right mouse button (RMB) and a quickcast key. Somehow, the quickcast skill gets assigned to the RMB, so I had to scramble back to safety to reassign the RMB skill again. Not sure how it happens but it does occur frequently on my sorc.

I have this problem too. Not sure what is causing it but I use quick cast now mostly and keep (or want to keep) the same to skills on the mouse buttons but at some point I’ll go to use the assigned skill on right or left mouse button and I find that it has been changed somehow. @Baumsi if you cant be constructive then ST*U!!! This IS an issue happening.