A few questions for you

My Necro mainly uses as weapons Teeth and Bone Spear. Will using the various items that add increased lightening, fire, cold, etc., have an affect on my Teeth and Bone Spear? Also will an increase in attack rating affect my weapons of choice? I am guessing that all of this only affects my basic attack which I seldom use as battling toe to toe with an enemy usually leaves me on the short side of the stick.

Teeth and Bone Spear both do straight magical damage. Things that increase lightning, fire, poison, etc. will not in anyway benefit them. Increased attack rating also won’t have any impact on them. Casters generally don’t need or care about attack rating, and your summons already have their own separate attack rating to make them effective.

As stated the Bone spells are magic damage, the only thing that will benefit them is + to skills items. As a caster you do not benefit form things like life leech, mana leech, Crushing blow, AR etc. You benefit from + to mana/life on kill, faster cast rate and + to skills.

Thanks guys. I thought this was the way it works.

Your only real way to pump Teeth/Spear/Spirit up is to dump points into all the synergies, and as already mentioned grab +Skill gear. If you want to focus on Spear then White (Dol + Io) might be a good wand option for you, with its total +5 to Spear (+3 of that is to all P/B skills).

I recommend grabbing the Decrepify curse. It will indirectly boost your bone spear hitting more monsters if they are slowed to a crawl. Also disables bosses, and increases overall survivability.

1 Like