86 - cold sorc, where to spend last 14 points?

So, I just rerolled cold, didn’t have the gear to do lightning effectively… and also changing my gear more to more mf…

So, I’ve maxed: blizz, glacial spike, icebolt. I’ve got 10 in cold mastery and 1 in ice blast. I’m at +7 to all right now, but that will go up, missing lots of gear that was +lightning.

My question is in hell difficulty, am I best off:

• Putting all 14 points into ice blast for spike/blizz damage
  • maxing out cold mastery and putting 4 points (and the rest of my points as I level) into ice blast.
  • Or putting a few into cold mastery and the rest into spike?

Any help would be appreciated, I’m kinda agonizing over there and I burned two respecs going cold - ended up accidentally shift clicking str and putting all my points in there :frowning:

Ice blast for sure, it’s your hardest hitting single target spell - should be prioritized over ice bolt.

Edit: also 1 point into static, telekinesis, teleport, warmth (if you haven’t already)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, will do… sounds like i screwed up putting points in, any thoughts on how high my cold mastery should be?

Usually -100% at 17 is fine. I personally went for more for some extra damage on andariel/mephisto, but I have my blizzard and all synergies maxed.

Thanks all! You’ve been amazing