Force move is great but

I’m so pleased they added a force move hotkey, but there is a problem with it. If you do just about anything else such as mouse click or use a skill, your character stops (even if you were holding down the button the whole time). Having to constantly unpress and press again is really awful. Hopefully it’s just a bug that will be fixed.

1 Like

Hey Zepheron, indeed, this is a bug and we’re investigating for a fix.

Thank you for your patience!

UPDATE: This system may be working as intended. Apologies for the confusion.

5 Likes

Completing any action - picking up an item, casting a spell, etc will cancel your forced movement until you release and press the key again.

How it should work - you continue to walk while the button is pressed down, no action should interrupt this. Casting a spell will stop your movement, but after you finish the animation you should continue to move. This is how it works in D3… PoE… any other ARPG that has forced movement.

Very clunky implementation of this feature, I hope it can be ironed out.

3 Likes

Yes, the force move feel weird.

Alos, shouldn’t you stop moving after you let go of the force move? It continues until where your mouse point.

1 Like

No. Force move isn’t a “toggle” in other games. Hold button = Move. That’s all I want, all it needs to be. But any action cancelling it is broken, nearly not even worth using.

*Wait, misread that. You just continue to walk? so its even more broken, no one wanted autorun.

It moves when you hold as you said , but it SHOULD stops when you let go. It doesn’t stop when you let go. It continue to move towards your mouse point position when you let go.

One key press and release will move your character to where your mouse cursor was when you hit the input. That is actually working properly, you will not continue to run endlessly.

You are right, I tested on D3, & you indeed continue to move to the last pointed position.

Thank you very much!