Unable to Join Game: Character not found

Played a necromancer up to level 5. Now poof, it’s gone. :slight_smile:

lol yeah same :smiley:

cheers ma dude … iam also still deciding between a longer youtube video or some episode on netflix

seems to take a little bit longer till we are able to play

My character is back now…

Characters re-appeared. Don’t worry too much. Just give it a few minutes.

I created all characters I planned to play, now everything is deleted.
I haven’t played Blizzard games for some years now… is this normal for their launches??

Hey everybody, we’re investigating this issue. I’ll follow up once we learn more.

12 Likes

Well it is back but it says it is already in a game… Man this launch is a train wreck :frowning:

2 Likes

Same with me. Finished Den and boom, DC’d, some notif about eula and being offline for 30+ days and char deleted.

1 Like

I am getting " An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers. Please check that you are connected to the internet and try again."
When I try and make ANY character. And yes, I am fully connected, no firewall, no antivirus . No hindrance is actually being imposed on MY SIDE. Only bnet side. Is there others with this issue?

1 Like

Yes. Nothing is working. At least you were not reset to level 1.

1 Like

yep - no need to get upset i think. normal for a massive game lauch like this

edit: oh and - do turn that firewall on again !

My wife, daughter, and I also have this issue. Additionally, we played for about 30 minutes and lost connection, logged back on and our old characters are completely missing.

1 Like

I am having similar problems. I started a character and started act 1, but left my game to create a new game so my friends could join, and couldn’t create a game. I restarted the game to see if it would let me create a game then…and my character was deleted…now it won’t let me create a character or a game.

1 Like

total broken all when u have luck u can create character when u have super luck u can create game and when u have gods luck u can play but max few mins affter this time game crashed and u lost all BLIZZARD HAHAHAH WHERE IS BLIZZARD 20 year back this noob cant work

1 Like

Lol, not upset. I dont have THAT many feelings , to where they are exposed by a game :stuck_out_tongue: I didnt see a post mentioning the same issue, I just want to make sure Im not the only one having same issue. lol. I am glad i didnt get a char reset to level 1 , like others have gotten. Just reporting it so we can help bnet know whats happening and get er fixed asap :slight_smile:

Went to save and exit online due to items not identifying for some reason, reload on character screen and my lvl 6 necro is gone. Tried to reload game. Still gone. What?

1 Like

Same thing happened to me, my character was deleted?

Hey!

Same her. Just played act 1 in under 1 hour with a bunch of mates. Saved and exited the game after getting to act 2. When I get back my lvl 14 paladin is gone! Is this a bug, will he come back?

Thank you :slight_smile: I imagine things are extremely chaotic for you guys at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I THINK I’m on the internet.

The message when you try to create a character says, “An issue occurred while communicating with the game server, check that you are connected to the Internet and try again”

WTF???