5/17 Server Maintenance Made Lobby Bad

Lobbies are really bad today and it seems to have happened after yesterday’s maintenance. This morning I logged in around 6:30am EDT and there were No Normal or Nightmare games listed. I checked all three difficulties multiple times and there were always games in Hell difficulty, but none in the other two. I exited the game, changed my region to EU and checked there just to be sure. They had games in all three difficulties. I looked around for about 5 or 6 minutes and quit the game to change back to NA. Upon logging back in to NA there were 2 Normal games and 1 Nightmare, but both Normal games had been active for longer than 11 minutes. This indicates those games were active before I switched to EU, but for some reason they would not show up in my list. I did a refresh and one of those Normal games disappeared from the list. I did a second refresh and both were gone. A couple of refreshes later they both showed back up, but on a refresh after that one of them disappeared. Both games only had 1 player in them, so I do not understand why I could not see both games the whole time. Then I quit the game again, restarted my PC, and when I got back into the game a new Normal game showed up that had been active for over an hour. This is really frustrating!

To add to that, refreshes are really slow today. Like, I hit the refresh button and the whole list of games disappears and does not show back up for 9 of the 15 seconds on the refresh countdown timer. Sometimes they don’t show back up before the refresh countdown timer completes, but if I do nothing they will show up a short time later. Also, I click on games and try to either see how long the game has been running or how many and what level people are in the game, but those screen details remain blank. If I refresh the game I was interested in is likely to disappear and never show back up, but that’s the only choice so I do it. If the game is still visible then I can actually click on it and check the details after the refresh. What is really frustrating about this is I had just done a refresh when the details were not available, so why does a second refresh fix it?

Before the maintenance you performed on 5/10/2022 I was having this same issue, but it was completely resolved after server maintenance. It was working fine before server maintenance yesterday, but now that maintenance has happend the issue has returned. This doesn’t make any sense to me. Isn’t Server Maintenance supposed to clean up the environment and make it better? Whatever happened yesterday (5/17) just made it worse, so do not do that again please.

Thanks for listening, I needed to let you know about these issues.

I play Non-Ladder on a Windows 10 PC that is fully up to date, which includes the Nvidia drivers that were released this month. I’m also former IT and don’t have any issues with my PC. I keep it up to date and protected because I know what to do.

Wish List:
I would like to see more than 20 games in lobby. I think 30 would be more appropriate.

I would like to have an option to filter games older than… This way I can see when new games pop up and get in before everyone is finished. It would also help with the number of games you show currently because often times there are games out there that have been going for 6+ hours and I just don’t want to see those.

I would like the option to select games I no longer wish to see when I do a refresh.

I would also like you to add the information for who created the game on the first screen where it shows how long the game has been running. Some people create fake game names to lure people in so they can have higher player numbers, but these lies are very frustrating. If we could see who created the game we could avoid going into their games and then they might stop this mess. It would also help if you added /playersX to online so they could just stop lying and farm the way they want. I understand not having /playersX when the game is PC only because everyone could just play offline characters and use that command to add as many players as they could handle. However, the game changed significantly when it became multi-platform and now the only way to have your same characters available on all platforms is to have Online Characters. Please make it fun again by adding the ability to play the way we want.

Thanks for all that you do!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.