[2.6 Suggestion] Melee can't compete with casters. Here are some simple ideas to fix that

No balance changes I can see in Pez’s latest summary:
See Pez’s Reddit comment

1 Like

Dang. Right you are.

“…some feature updates” doesn’t sound like balance/meta/system-wide changes. Guess I’ll be playing a caster for my last D2 season. :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I’m still going to run with my melee based team. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

And… Yep final patch notes are in and melee Got insignificant changes .

We barbs Got ZERO . No ww fix , no 2h rebalance (ítems) … stun skill still a “thing”… Zero .

None of the feedback from. This post Got heard… like this doesnt Even exists. So sad.

5 Likes

Same for Zealot… which is already unable to keep pace with WW barb in game.

2 Likes

Well…it was fun having this discussion with all of you. Thanks for all your support and ideas.

RIP Diablo melee competitiveness. Looks like the game will always be Sorc/Caster Pally until D4 is out. If the fix comes after that, who cares?

What a wasted opportunity. :frowning:

2 Likes

We’re looking for 1 multishot bowazon in our second ladder team guys, let’s do it!

The new Rune Words are all of the content arriving with Patch 2.6

RIP Diablo melee competitiveness.

1 Like

Well at least for zealot you can easily spec into foh/zeal if you really wanted reliable aoe.

I did that this ladder until i respecced foh/smite for chaos sanc farming (used LW for CB and magic find).

They added +500 damage to hustle, enjoy.

Surely you jest.

But that would be very interesting to have max damage on an armor amd weapon runeword instead of ED.

Honestly the easiest change to this version of hustle is to change the +1 fanat to an oskill so you can buff it with +skills. This means it cant be abused by mercs and players can push it to around +8 or 10 fanat leaving it something that could be used a bit into the endgame besides still being just a bad prebuff item.

Heck necros could put it in a dagger and even use poison dagger for the lols

Instead of buffing melee which is apparently too hard, just nerf spell casting like how melee was nerfed in 1.10 by drastically increasing monster health and not increasing base weapon damage.

Straight up global -50% damage nerf across the board for all damage dealing spells. It would be the worst lmao.

1 Like

Bumping this cruz ive seen too Many ppl arguing about the “lack of melee feedback” or saying mosaic /hustle are buffs originated in the lack of unity from.the melee comunity…

This post is Golden we can’t let it die.

1 Like

Look at what D2r devs have done for melee see far

Pretty obvious they dont give a damn about melee

sorry to inform you that even if your suggestions are good, they arent aligned with their goal and vision

2 Likes

Buuuump cuz … they way i see it , once D4 comes … most of melee players will jump to d4

Devs are already making changes to feedback given in both betas, meanwhile d2r devs (if there exist such thing) refuse to adress rightous and well tough feedbsck like this post

BUMP for great justice :slight_smile:

Just do what PD2 does. Make melee deal splash damage and give classes different forms of teleport like putting a health loss % per cast for one class(necromancer) and another can only teleport to mobs directly(paladin). Works like a charm. Ever class in PD2 is season start viable.

I disagree. Melee is fine. Casters are just overtuned. The game is insanely easy to begin with. Need nerfs not buffs.

I mean barb is the best MF character in D2. Barb is trash in D4. Mosaic Sin and Infinity Spearazon are S tier builds.

Would would they swap to D4? So they can be squishier lower damage sorcs that need to deal with a ton more boss mechanics? If anything the gap between Melee and Caster is larger in D4.

I am a barb player … and i would gladly trade this trasvestite of a skill named item find for actual killing power …you know the FUN stuff about playing diablo ansd not the pathetic champion/unique sniping of IF/berserk barbs.

What part of mosaic is melee? Mosaic sins are casters… their melee is a gimick…cant speak about spearzons.

D4 barb is looking to be broken(quadruple legendary aspects and endgame) . D4 barb problem wasnot damage … it was his tankiness and they got a free 10% damage reduction buff…

And about boss mechanics… those got revised too, last dev update was a total loveletter to feedback (comunity)-devs.

Meanwhile d2r melee is still galaxies behind casters… cuz reasons…

1 Like