2.6 PTR feedback

There is one thing I absolutely like about these runewords, they dont involve any powercreep. This is already a victory. Thank you. Much better than patch 2.5 with the sunder charms…

About Meramorphosis:
Transforming in both form to buff is tedious… I think both marks shouldnt be allowed toguether. Either one of them, allows each mark to have more effects without unbalancing the entire character and remove the tedious need to buff every 3min… we already do it with other weapons or equipment, we dont need more of these.

Mark of the wolves seems ok. At first I though %life would be too much, but it isnt too bad. If both marks cannot be active toguether, give this mark some movement speed bonus.

Mark of the bear however is too strong. I would advise removing one of the 3 effects if both marks can be active toguether.

Also, the bonus ias from mark of the bear (metamorphosis runeword) is not a viable fix for bearsorc, bearsin, bearzon… etc. Some of these builds uses dream helm and shield.

Hustle is interesting, but the Ko rune is too expensive. Harmony is superior to Hustle for the same cost. Burst of speed is activated super quickly from straff, but too slow from single attacks. The runeword doesnt have enough power on its own, so Hustle is used for prebuff only.
The armor is too expensive with Ko rune. Change Ko for Lum and it would already be much better.

Mosaic… I didnt test much, but it seemed too random, not quite strong enough. The chance not to spend charge is not even desirable in some cases.

The other helms. Bulwark seems fine. I would maybe reduce or remove the replenish life.

The resists helms are pretty much useless. Lore is superior, you dont get hit that much with vulnerable characters, and it feels like a reminder of how AWFULL sunder charms are.

Seriously, have you given up in balancing the game? Of making a game with a similar legacy to D2LOD? If not, Plz remove sunder charms from the game. They dont do much for build diversity. Unbalance the game even more by buffing characters already too strong. Create new problems with cold mastery, and remove a legacy mecanics of the game that endured years. There was no need for these charms. Skills rebalance are infinitely better to buff weaker builds while keeping the game’s balance. Except for maybe the firesorc, all other builds had solutions to deal with immunes. Immunities were the main thing keeping the sorceress’s power in check. Not it’s out of control.

The “dont like it, dont use it” is absolutely stupid considering the massive advantages these charms provide in a competitive environment/economy such as ladder.
Who are these charms for? Casual players are leaving, and wont come back unless even more gamebreaking mecanics are included. Even then, how long? Non casual players are those that played D2LOD for years and can keep D2R alive for years again. Those players liked the game as it was. Alot of players are gone and even more will leave when D4 releases. Who are going to be left to play D2R? The players passionate about the game and that kept it alive for over 20years.

#1 remove sunder charms
#2 revert the FHR change from patch 2.4
#3 revert the werebear ias calculation to what it was before 2.4 (or allow both calculation as in the PTR)
#4 fix WW for 2h weapons.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m personally indifferent on Sunder charms. Either way, I’m fine with it.
But wholeheartedly agree with the rest.

3 Likes

Bump. I made this post a long time ago.

1 Like

Uhm… you want to nerf metamorphosis use case on druids, but buff the utterly borken bearsorc (and others) which already can reach crazy damage numbers? consider wolves an bears beeing the worst characters in terms of mobility (no teleport possible). buffing their damage is still very far from caster peak damage. so even if their damge would surpass casters they still lack mobility and - beeing melee - MF gear options.
For these reasons I’d defenitely rather buff metamorphosis than nerfing it.

I consider myself a veteran player myself and in general I like the new content beeing added to the game, even if it still has potential to be improved. I played continously since original D2 vanilla many different chars/builds and game modes (mainly SCL, HCL and SC+HC offline).

Agreed, hope they lower the cost of Hustle.

I completely agree. To make resists helms more useful, hope to see some changes such as the following:

• Cure - cleansing aura when equipped
  • Hearth - cannot be frozen
  • Temper - gold find
  • Ground - CtC nova when struck
1 Like