2 months in, no meaningful patch

Not one bug in the game itself have been fixed, not even minor graphic glitches or minor UI problems, or formulas that are inconsistent with the original game.
I’m talking about the 10-min fix type of bugs here. Hence my question: did you drop support for this game already?

4 Likes

Most fixes till now concern mayor problems like crashes and vanishing items or characters, for obvious reasons.

minor graphic glitches and minor UI problems will be fixed once the beta of the game has ended. (which will be in about half a year, I guess)

Copies sold, profit made so job done. They don’t care about us at all.

This is 20’s decade game companies for you, similar modus operandi as EA, CDPR, Konami…

1 Like

I wish they would have fixed the items disappearing bugs, but they are all still present.

Crashes still present also.

Yes, so what we do in software industry is rather start with the small & easy fixable thing because you can do a ton of them in a few days. Or in bigger team have at least of couple of guys tackling this ones while the other people work on the big thing.

But here it looks like they only kept a few network guys and maybe one for general bugs and fired everyone else already.

if there are 12 or so different items disappearing bugs, and you fix three of them, what will happen?
same with crashes.

Yeah, and if they tackled the small problems first, everybody and their mother would complain on the forum that they are only fixing smaller problems instead of going after the pressing matters.
The situation isn’t as simple as you make it seem.

That said, I don’t know if they already kicked out everybody except for the few guys you mentioned. Might be.

Tackling small problems is fast so it only delays solving big problems by a few days; Focusing only on big problems delays small bugs for months. I know what I’m saying it is my job.

Normally in a big team you can do both, with like a couple of people on small problems on the rest of the team scratching heads on hard things.

Couple of things to notice:

• Not every dev work on the same domain. So crashes/item disappearing doesn’t necessarily use the same dev than UI/gameplay issues. Overloaded servers doesn’t take the same devs as graphics glitches and so on. So it definitely looks like they fired UI/graphic guys already because absolutely nothing happened there.

• If you have ever read a changelog you typically have 1/2 big item, a few medium ones and a dozen of minor fixes. That’s just how software development works, you tackle easy things as they come up because they take 5/10/20 mins to solve, while the the hard ones can take weeks or month.

So from a software programmer point of view, what I see here is clear signs that they sent their team on something else and are not very concerned with bringing this game to a stable state. Look at the last PC patch note, that’s the result of one week of work by their team: Diablo II: Resurrected | 11.12 - PC Patch Notes - 2.2.8 / Build 67005

4 Likes

Realy good explanation,
i but regret that i have bought this version.
I was naive that they do something better than in W3Ref

1 Like

Do not want this to be true. But I guess that’s the case. These patches are ridiculously small.

Hopefully, this will change after their quarrelling inside the company ends.

They’re pushing out content before resolving the server issues, as well.
Content patch slated for December, already announced.
No announcement or updates on the status of the server fixes.

Can confirm your explanation is correct, Software Engineer here.

Very disappointed with Blizzard.

1 Like

There is no quarreling in Activision, its bad management. The suits are just people jumping ship and trying to get a pay-day. Nothing came of the suits and nothing will, Bobby has no obligation to report HR infractions to the board. He does however, have a responsibility to NOT run the company into the ground. You notice he only took a pay-cut after the abysmal quarterly report. Obviously you shouldn’t be harassing people at work, but don’t forget they only “changed” when their wallet started shrinking.

1 Like

That ‘pay cut’ is in exchange for shares of course. It’s what all the CEOs do.

Yes you’d expected better for the price especially as it wouldn’t cost them much more to do it right. At this point it’s more about the company being totally dysfunctional than really any business rational or strategy.