Server lag, Rubberbanding, Latency - Feb 18th [Addressed Feb 20th]

Game is unplayable in hc

Rubber banding
Crashes in lobby
Game creation failure

This ladder reset is already dead, fix your servers

24 Likes

Been running fine for me… Then again my ISP connection has always been superb.

:man_shrugging:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/

Plug your regions IP into WinMTR and click Start. Let it run for a good 20 minutes, then check which hop in the chain has high ping spikes and/or any loss. Your router will be at the top of the list. Blizzards network will be at the bottom of the list. The numerous hops between your router and Blizzards network will be in the middle.

Diablo II: Resurrected server IPs:

Region IP Address 2nd IP Address
North America 137.221.106.88 137.221.106.188
Europe 37.244.28.80 37.244.28.180
Asia 117.52.35.79 117.52.35.179
1 Like

This has nothing to do with ISP - I have great speed (probably more than I need), The only problem is with D2R today. yesterday no issues. No issues with WoW DF today, Only with D2R, It’s on the server side not the client.

9 Likes

glad to know im not the only one. its terrible right now unplayable if you are hardcore.

6 Likes

I’m not talking about raw speed, that isn’t what matters. Stability is paramount for Diablo 2… No packet loss, minimal ping jitter.

1% loss will eventually result in being disconnected from the game. Higher amounts result in being disconnected more frequently.

Significant ping jitter results in chaotic desynchronization of what you’re seeing on your screen and what the server “sees” you doing, which is often why you get “stuck” on something that isn’t there.

2 Likes

im also supper laggy

3 Likes

you guys can make games

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s because of the new MA Assassin build.

1 Like

yeah the lag has been awful today. literally unplayable

1 Like

I would laugh so hard.
“nerf incoming”

Melee classes are unplayable right now. Constant stutter-swings and rubberbanding, monsters teleporting, etc.

1 Like

Agreed. The server is terrible today. My internet is normal here, but the game ping is 180.

For me NA server is behaving badly. Check the other realms, one of them may work better

It’s awful. Completely unplayable.

1 Like

Its really bad right now, i dont want to play right now since they dont care if u die to it in hardcore.

Very likely have a duper problem

Need to get this under control asap

Was fine last night but today I cannot even play. It’s just constant rubber banding and double casting. How has blizzard said nothing about this?

No doubt. I tele’d around for 3 seconds and said, “Nope”. Tried new games and it’s the same thing. Has blizz said anything? Seems like they at least need to reboot some stuff

I’ve had things fixed in 24 hours related to server stability i was able to identify via bug report so i’m hoping again they’ll be able to fix crack down on it. Just made a bug report post re server lag, hoping they do something about it asap. This is probably people duping but i don’t have any info on how.

I have 1Gb FIOS and 6E mesh Wi-fi in a house with 3x bases. … and…
I have LAG… sometimes. And right at this moment I cannot make a game.

1 Like

Dupers maybe if they’re a thing(which I don’t doubt though others claim there’s no method… there ALWAYS seems to be some clever mofo figuring out a method).

How About: Mosaic?
Is it possible more and more Sins are running Mosaics?

*edit - If lag-duping was still a thing - Mosaic is the best tool ever made for it

1 Like