Diablo II: Resurrected PTR 2.5—Terror Zones - PTR is Now Over

Diablo II: Resurrected PTR 2.5—Terror Zones Now Live

Learn more about our experimental feature, Terror Zones—new, deadly areas in Diablo II: Resurrected that surge with demonic energy, and more coming in our PTR 2.5 test.

View Full Article

26 Likes

Please fix the bug where items disappear from people’s accounts due to the 8Mb save file limit for characters, any additional items that take an account over 8Mb just vanish

32 Likes

oh…no stacking? :smiling_face_with_tear:

24 Likes

Big Feature = Terror Zones…

Well, there’s the extra end-game people have been asking for.

At least it’s a timed event. I guess it’s at least a different way to level up than endless Baal runs, so we’ll see how it goes.

:man_shrugging:

• Fixed a rare issue where item names on the ground would erratically flicker and shift while pathing around them.

THANK YOU, this was annoying.

• Fixed an issue where Iron Golems created in a previous game would disappear instead of teleporting to you.

Hoping this solves the iron golem issues!!!

7 Likes

Seems like a decent idea now that I see it can be farmed for that hour. I still think immunities are going to make this a pain for most builds though, unless you manage to get a full team going. How is the density in some of these areas also?

I think the team needs to focus on QoL as well. Where is the currency tab or stacking gems/runes/keys? Was hoping for one last hurrah on D2R before D4, but now I don’t know.

9 Likes

Still no extra character slot ? or holy grail tracker ? or stack or more personal stash tabs ?

Sad, i’ll pass then, won’t be playing anytime soon for now.

24 Likes

Does this feature work offline?

8 Likes

Updated gender pronoun strings that referred to the player from “his / her” to the neutral counterpart “their.”

:laughing: THIS is the content we needed! All other changes are trivial!

32 Likes

stuff to aid in leveling characters? But I have no more slots for said new characters. Might be nice if the terror zone in hell means we can farm for the high end uniques in those zones.

5 Likes

You can farm them for high end uniques, the zones change once every hour.

2 Likes

Meh. Waste of game development resources imo. That’s not going to make a big difference in how people level. Time would have been better spent with QoL features then.

If they were going to do something like this, maps would have been better… or at least add something that could be consistently farmed.

16 Likes

I’m also curious to know if this feature will work in Offline Mode.

Looked like some nice QoL bug fixes.

4 Likes

While I appreciate new end game content, and a way to reach 99 faster, I think most players are going to be incredibly disappointed with this patch. The majority of players want the same things, they’ve been posted countless times across all corners of the internet, and this patch… addresses none of them.

34 Likes

That’s where I’m at too. I don’t mind this at all and don’t want to discourage change and improvements. Love that the team is still engaged and working on D2R, but all I really want is my Plugy unlimited stash and some form of loot filter since I primarily play single player with the occasional deep ladder run every few seasons. Stacking would be great too.

10 Likes

Not impressed. Too much MrLlama influence I guess. Now that he once lvled to 99 in bnet and cried about the grind we get some random zones…

12 Likes

Excellent Excellent Excellent. This is a content addition, and i bloody love it!!! YEssssssssWEseses!

11 Likes

Fixed an issue where Iron Golems created by a charged skill would not save between games.

Holy ef!

The new terror zones sound awesome, too, but no 2hander fix?

4 Likes

Lol.

Literally no one asked for this.

Where’s crossplay, stacking, or charm tab.

Where’s character slots?

How about a /nopickup option for console so we can PvP without having our questionable targeting system target ears.

15 Likes

Thank you.

I’m hopping now for my necro that the golems don’t disappear…

I like the idea of the zones. Let’s see how it goes.

Stackable runes etc. “nudge nudge wink wink”

5 Likes