Ladder ends next week

well sorry to hear that was a sarcastic reply.

This is one of the reasons PTR are back I feel. There are a few ideas they want to test to see how well they are liked. Time will see whats next

1 Like

I’m hoping we’ll see some news tomorrow regarding PTR.

1 Like

“For the estimated D2R Ladder Season 1 end date, if the developers stick on a 4-month reset, we expect the Ladder 1 to end around August 25, 2022, which is also a Thursday.”

lvl 99 has never been a goal for many people. most people have never done it more than once. you gain very little for it, anything past lvl 90 takes time and it makes little difference to character performance. i usually don’t get a character past lvl 90 and its because its not needed. idc if they change that at all. i would be cool with some harder end game content with bigger exp rewards but at the same time, i could care less… ladder reset is about a FRESH game, not grinding your teeth out for a useless lvl. runescape is for brainless grinding.

2 Likes

oooOOOoooh tantalizing

Hi all :slight_smile:

Happy to see some good excitement for the PTR. I do want to level set some expectations with 2.5 and the PTR. The team has been pretty heads down on the new feature so expectations for 2.5 when it comes to balance/number changes should be very minimal. 2.4 was the big hoorah of changes for D2R and was the main focus but 2.5’s main focus was very much this new feature and a good amount of bug fixes.

As for PTR, you should expect more info to hit tomorrow so see you then.

32 Likes

WooHoo! Hopes are a high for neat features. While there are some things that could still be done with balance, we got plenty of time, leeeeets go!

4 Likes

Looking forward to some more information, and still hoping that FHR is part of the ‘bug fixes’ :wink:

3 Likes

Cheers Pez, thanks for the update! Surprised to see minimal balance/numbers changes, but excited to see the big feature!

5 Likes

Pez does state something here pretty interesting, in that 2.4 was the big hurrah for changes (assuming balance changes). Something that I pretty much figured. I also hope that it does set the expectations moving forward that we are not looking at massive scale balance changes for the future, including many of these nerfs threads that have been popping up.

So I think moving forward, it might be minor balancing with a major focus on features.

5 Likes

No big rush on balance tbh. 2.4 was a great step already and we’ve got time. I mean damn, people had been playing the same balance for like 15 years beforehand so :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully in 2.6 we see some new life breathed into underused unique items + buffs to act 3 mercs

4 Likes

More talk of a feature which lies outside of balance/content! Whaaaat is it!?

1 Like

This feature had better be really game enhancing if the team has been neglecting core parts of improving the game and fixing what was broken with 2.4…

We will see! I hope that it is good enough to really pump up the morale for this game.

3 Likes

Anything to increase the multiplayer experience would be great. Better lobby, friends list, guilds as far as social aspect goes. Optional players loot (chosen when creating a game) is a fine idea so long as the overall quantity of loot is not altered.

But it’s probably going to be a loot filter.

5 Likes

Neat “feature” not “features” lol.

Thank u pez, u are the best!!

something tells me is not going to be loot filter either currency stash.

Can’t wait to hear more!

Iron golem disappearing/targetable bug finally fixed? :crossed_fingers:

:slight_smile:

Sounds like a currency tab =}

1 Like

Bet that it is crossplay.