"Emergency maintenance"... Deployment fail round 2? ☹

8am PDT it’s 3pm UTC
If it takes 4 or 5 hours at least it won’t eat up all the prime time.

I’m not even being selfish, just saying that it shouldn’t be done always at the same time.
Now I’m going back to sleep because my insomnia is already ruining my day.

I don’t know their hours of operation, nor do I really care. When they gotta fix servers, they gotta do it. I remember the first year or so of D3, back when I mainly played it as my main game, we had a weekly maintenance like on Tuesdays or something for a few hours. It takes as long as it takes. Does it suck, sure. Nothing to get yer panties in a wad about though.

I will say though, I don’t see how they still are planning on staying on schedule with ladder and 2.4, after two failed attempts with these db changes. Doesn’t instill a lot of confidence in getting in right, and probably is chewing into the game’s upkeep budget too to fix it.

they can’t pay the $ for a real developer… they are being sued by women for rape/sexual harassment. they goin to go bankrupt…

1 Like

Alright, that’s the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.

Been playing almost daily for way too many hours since release, but getting another rollback like after release, no thanks. Didn’t lose much this time, “just” a Shako, but still, can’t trust that game anymore.

I’ll wait and see but will move on to another game in the meantime. Any recommendation?

1 Like

So coming in here to clarify a few things…

1. We will post and let people know if it is doom and gloom fairly immediately to any future dates and plans. It is not doom and gloom. We should hold back on making assumptions and running creating threads like this which only causes widespread panic which only riles up the rest of the community into thinking the sky is falling.

2. Maintenance was a success. The reason why we did a rollback was because there was a bug after maintenance that only affected those who made hardcore characters and no standard characters. There were only a few thousand of these types of accounts but we want to ensure all characters and players are good to go. The intended changes were deployed and are in-effect.

3. KR and EU servers for a brief bit had an issue with game creation and was already addressed.

4. The only known issue that will be in the 2.4 patch is that character names are coming up as all CAPS. So enjoy screaming your name to the world for a few weeks as 2.4 hits on the 14th of April.

Cheers.

39 Likes

Cables couple one way… A planned coupling, one way or another. Just wait.
2.4 is coming on time. I sense it. Ladder? Not at the advertised time… Or perhaps otherwise?

Time will tell.

:beers:

1 Like

why are all the custom keybinds gone?

5 Likes

Thanks for the communication Pez. Glad to hear that this isn’t delaying 2.4 or Ladder. :beers:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Pez. That last community dev stream was :fire: and I can’t wait for the next one. It felt like Christmas seeing the devs and community come together for Diablo.

1 Like

Agreed, I loved the dev stream and I hope there’s more to come. Excited for the community events mentioned in the 2.4/Ladder date announcement post as well.

1 Like

Ok all fine and dandy thank you but what about items that get deleted if you have to many 1 slot items in your shared stash? This has been an ongoing issue for months and for people like me that have mules that store just rings and ammys, it terrifying.

5 Likes

They’re only bits, my friend.

Play?
Play!
:slight_smile:

Other thoughts: Sun approaching solar max… Hope no severe X-class flares come rolling in. Carrington event

Dramatic, I know.

Not just a game when you have no friends and no life and you only have d2r…Then it becomes a sad little world where items carry a piece of your soul.

This is a big issue that really needs addressed. The 8KB limit for save files is nothing, it needs to be at least doubled to prevent items from being deleted.

2 Likes

ARE YOU TELLING US THATS THERES NO FIX FOR THIS EXCEPT TO MAKE NEW CHARACTERS?

ALSO, GIVE ME BACK THE OPTION TO SORT CHARACTERS ALPHABETICALLY. MY CHARACTER SCREEN IS A DISAPPOINTING MESS.

I’M NOT MAD, JUST EXPRESSING A QUESTION IN ALL CAPS GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

9 Likes

I can’t belive they are calling that a success to be honest… it’s not “sky is falling” but dang, low bar

3 Likes

Losers learn more than a winner.

The winner is the teacher. Fact.

There is such a thing as a “Successful failure”. Apollo 13 for example.

A FEW WEEKS???
THIS IS SUCH A COMPLEX PROBLEM THAT IT’S GOING TO TAKE A FEW WEEKS, AFTER LAUNCH NO LESS, TO FIGURE OUT?

YOU CAN’T FIGURE IT OUT NOW, OR AT LEAST TRY TO, BEFORE THE PATCH IS DEPLOYED?

2 Likes

sure, but no one doing a database migration would call that a win. this isn’t a test, this is a live production rollout that had consequenses to live players, and it seems that the data isn’t even the same (caps issue)… which would be a MASSIVE red flag that should have been caught in unit and migration testing. learn in dev enviroments not in production ones… production is for applying those learnings.

1 Like