Lack of communication

where do you think a top gaming company should post any of their latest news about what’s going on with their product?

A. on their own ‘News’ section on their own website…
B. on their own ‘Notifications’ section on their own game launcher…
C. somewhere in the ‘blue posts’ on their own games forums…
D. none of the above, but instead somewhere in some reddit thread.

edit; since the time of this post going up, until now. we’ve gotten a response.

thank you.

17 Likes

I think it is his private account and no official statement

Imagine being a game dev trying to answer to the community and you do so out of your own free will and what you get in return is some dude stating on the forum that you’re pathetic.

2 Likes

We should all calm down. We know blzzards lack of communication, its nothing new. We just need get used to it and not try getting upset about it. I did this mistake too often. Just wait, relax and dont think about it.
Just think ladder will start in maybe half a year or a year (which might even be possible! You never know!)
And when it starts earlier, then you get a positive surprise

1 Like

yeah i think the community manager is doing a bad job here. I don’t know if it’s his fault or if blizzard is overloading him with responsibilities, but in the end the communication is bad.

2 Likes

I was under the impression ptr was pulled down because things were tested and working… ya… clearly not… I… just… really… wanna… play… 2.4 already… REEEEEE

1 Like

Everything he posts in regards to the game, is an official statement.

The OP is referring to the Blizzard company, not private devs. Blizzard has not communicated. Stop being such a corporate shill. It’s extremely sad to witness.

3 Likes

I mean…

If they want to do it use the launcher in the game like they used to.

Do you support this type of lack luster communication… are you gen z? do you have 0 standards due to growing up in a flooded industry?

1 Like

There is no community manager here… we see the least amount of blue posts…

How is it when Blizzard was a smaller company they managed to have devs in chat channels for the game… Now tho… they can’t afford it or something?

1 Like

The thrill is gone.
People get old, things wear out.
I don’t imagine anyone under the age of 30 on their team gives a hoot.
Just a paycheck, and short grasps at a lost art.
Seems like Indie games are where it’s at.
Maybe we will see a revival through those small developers, unhindered by big corps.

2 Likes

Reddit and blizzard is owned by the same people anyhow.

I mean, can you blame them? Who wants to talk and deal with all these trolls

1 Like

I mean, when I spent 85 grand getting a degree in game art and design and then applied to work at Blizzard I would have taken a job “talking and dealing with all these trolls”… even though that’s what in the old days we used to call “customer service” and I’m sure thats not done anymore…and id be WAY overqualified for a CS position…But no… blizzard doesnt want to hire, the just want our money.

2 Likes

You guys mention some reddit reply, but not what the post was actually about. Anyone care to elaborate?

Blizzard don’t believe in news, it’s a form of white oppression

3 Likes

The official post will be on the forums tomorrow regarding 2.4. In the post we will have specific dates for release so people can prepare for 2.4 and ladder launch.

64 Likes

wow finally some good news ! you should post here more often. 3 posts on b.net forum. how many on reddit ?? this is actually something that bothers me when it comes to communication, why is reddit or twitter first response, and then a link on the forum to said twitter or reddit post? seems backwards.

13 Likes

*Nibbles the forum candy blip*

Thank you sir
May we have another?

2 Likes