1000€ CPU and we are stll locked out

Correct, there may be problems (lag, screen tearing, etc.). But to straight up not even launch is ridiculous. I have a Phenom II x4, and yes it is old. Runs wow at 60+ frames 99% of the time. It’s absurd that a 20 year old remaster won’t run, when it ran just fine in the Beta. It’s been 5 days now; enough of the excuses. Just get this patched in and let us play.

1 Like

You’ve missed the point completely, even those that have above minimum requirements are unable to play.

I have a i7-3770k that even support AVX but apparently my motherboard doesn’t support it so I’m still locked out since launch and it doesn’t seem like Blizzard cares about fixing it in a timely manner.

3 Likes

What motherboard do you have?

That’s besides the point. The minimum requirements have been public a long time ago, tech alpha and beta ran perfectly fine for my setup and they have even admitted that AVX was enabled by ACCIDENT but still they aren’t in a hurry to fix their mistake.

3 Likes

Same here, got the 980X. Beta was fine, no issues.

I was really looking forward to play.

If the changed requirements should be the solution to the issue, it show how much they care for their customers. If there is no fix at the end of the Week, i will no longer support this company. Not now, not in the future. Its sad, because its a beautiful franchise.

And dont forget, they changed the requirements AFTER the release. There is no “we told you so”. The Game was already bought, knowing i can play. Its simply a slap in the face.

3 Likes

Well, it’d be really odd to have a motherboard that is not capable of running a feature of a processor it supports.

Suggestions:
1: Update your BIOS to the latest version if you haven’t already.
2: Check in the system BIOS, look for anything relating to Advanced Vector Extensions, likely under the CPU options. If the option(s) are disabled, enable them, or set them to “Auto”.
Also, since AVX pushes the thermals on your CPU to the max, if the inside of your system is noticeably dusty, blow it out.

there is nothing to add!

I agree that it is unusual, but that is the response I got from Blizzard support and was asked to wait for a patch to fix it.

And I have already tried everything one could possibly think to test to get it working.

Well, you can always hit up eBay and get you an ASUS p8z68 pro/deluxe Gen3 board. :slight_smile:
Just make sure the seller has a good rating and accepts returns.

I had a p8z68 Deluxe non-Gen3 board with an i7-2600K, it was a fantastic board/setup for its time.

The Gen3 basically means UEFI/SecureBoot capable.

Of course wait until if Blizzard issues a fix before jumping on that.

Weekend just ended so give them some time to come back to work and resume testing/debugging. I understand you want them to work 24/7 but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

The solution to Blizzard’s mistake should never be to go buy a new setup or components. They admitted they are at fault now its time for them to fix it which they refuse to do.

My solution will be to wait for the patch and never ever buy another Blizzard product again, was hyped for D4 but given the way this game release went there is no way I’m trusting Blizzard again.

2 Likes

OK. Well I was just trying to help. You seem to have already made up your mind. Hope they can get you fixed up with a patch.

1 Like

That’s a silly mentality to have lol. All Blizzard games have issues at launch, why should this come as a shock to you? These issues are minor when compared to the Diablo 3 launch.

Even Diablo 4 will have a bad start.

“10 years cpu…” @Blizzard , please closed this.

1 Like

It’s just sad, when the customers mindset changes to this.
Remember times where ther were no possibility to patch a game?

Just because you have the ability doesn’t mean you should always use it. Specially not that excessive.

1 Like

happy birthday to you! XD

That discussion I feel is not well suited in this forum section or post but I’ll quickly mention that this isn’t just about D2R launch, and I’m well aware that all games have launch issues. The problem is Blizzard in its entirety, over all games, they just don’t care about the players anymore only what makes the stock holders happy.

If this was Blizzard from year 2000 they would have pushed the launch to October maybe even November and straighten things out before releasing it or clocking in overtime over the weekend to patch things up. But this new Blizzard clocks out at 5PM or whenever their shift is over and doesn’t give a thought about the 1000s of players that is not able to play.

Edit: There’s a reason it HAD to release in September, to bump up their Q3

1 Like

There is nothing new about the Blizzard we know today. They have been around for awhile now. It has gotten progressively worse with the Activision merger.

Can’t really compare how Blizzard North handled things versus how Activision/Blizzard does. You’re talking about comparing a small company to a corporation with many titles under their belt to look after.

I’m not saying they don’t care, but I will defend them that they are surely trying.

Advanced Vector Extensions Issue Update - 9.27
While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, […]

It is sad that blizzard, after being aware of the problem, simply customize the requirements and says, actually we do not support you, but we try our best to do it anyway.

I would believe them, if the requirements wouldn’t have changed. Then i could blame myself, for not figuring out, that its not the number of cores or possible frequency, that is limiting me, but the features supported by the cpu.
But with that change, it simply feels like they want to cover up their mistakes and give the cutomer blame for not looking at the specs properly.