While I am excited for whatever the new Overwatch Hero & Map will be, I’m REALLY hoping for a major Diablo announcement, be it an expansion for D3 or a D4 reveal.
I’m not the biggest fan of Diablo, but I’d love to see a Diablo announcement.
I’m just looking forward to the entire event, I never go in with expectations or large hopes - then I enjoy the surprises even more.
We havent seen a Major Content reveal in quite a while for D3/4 - I’m betting this is the year for it.
That and more on WoW Classic! I’d love to see more on WoW Classic, nothing would get the crowd going more.
We’ll get the usual content update announcements for all of the released games (new heroes, maps, etc.,) but when it comes to a major announcement, I think it will either be Diablo IV or a brand new game.
We’ve been hoping for a Diablo announcement for a while, but it seems plausible this year. Blizzard has been hiring employees for the Diablo team for a couple of years, and they might have something to show now. A lot of people have speculated that a Diablo III expansion may be coming, but that seems doubtful to me. It’s been four years since Reaper of Souls, and if a DIII expansion was coming, you’d think that it would’ve been announced and included the necromancer. When the announcement was made last year that nothing Diablo-related would be announced at BlizzCon, Nevalistis mentioned that the Diablo team was “hard at work on the future of Diablo and exploring what’s next for the franchise.” That sounds like a new game to me, and not an expansion.
An entirely new game could be announced as well. I can’t find the link right now, but I remember reading an interview with Mike Morhaime that mentioned Blizzard has more games in development now than at any point in the company’s history. That surely includes live games, but it also mentioned that multiple leaders at Blizzard are working on possible new projects.
Since I was never a fan of WoW, Starcraft, DoTa, or Diablo, I can tell you that the ONLY reason Blizzard is my favorite game developer is because of Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne. That being said, it should not be a surprise to hear the game I wish to hear about is either Warcraft 3 Remastered or Warcraft 4. If I do not hear about either, then I am not interested.
I’m honestly surprised that we haven’t seen remaster of Warcraft III yet. I’m not a game developer, but it seems like bringing that game up to modern standards would be a whole lot less work than StarCraft, which required a complete graphical overhaul.
A Warcraft IV announcement would be even better, but I thought I read somewhere that Blizzard wasn’t sure how to make that happen while WoW was still going. I could be imagining that, though.
WoW shoudln’t have anything to do with WC4. If anything they could do a reboot of WC1 (and give us WC2 as expansions).
I am also hoping for a Diablo 4 announcement. Just got some friends from work to group up finally!
I am hoping for several things.
- Diablo news; whether it be Diablo IV, Diablo on a mobile device (not something everyone would want but it’s plausible) or one of the classics remastered.
- Speaking of remastered games, I am also hoping that they will make the Blizzard classics accessible on battle.net. I don’t understand why it’s something they haven’t thought of sooner.
- News on WOW Classic is guaranteed, but I’m a bit curious on what exactly they will have to offer.
- I don’t think they will introduce a new IP. Blizzard are still reaping the rewards from Overwatch and it would be a little foolish of them to bring in something brand new.
- (This was something a Destiny fan friend of mine suggested, so no credit to me) He brought up the idea that Blizzard could let Bungie do stuff there; the Forsaken expansion will have been released by then. I said to him that wouldn’t really be the best idea, since PC Destiny doesn’t have as much of a following, to be fair. Also Blizzard would be obliged to ask Treyarch as well, but you know something, anything’s possible.
- New Hearthstone expansion. Also guaranteed.
Something big for Diablo.
ETC performing again.
Classic WoW release is totally something Im looking for.
So with the announcements of a new 4 part Diablo comic, and the Book of Adria, I think it’s safe to say that Diablo fans will likely be very happy with this year’s Blizzcon.
I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think Blizzard would be developing those products if a game announcement wasn’t coming soon, but we’ll have to wait and see.
A Diablo announcement would be awesome!
I think blizzard might announce a new game just because of the many job listings, if its not this year hopefully next year
I’m really looking to forward to seeing more information about Classic WoW. I’d love to know more about their plans, and what they want to incorporate in it; or if they will leave it alone, and just be as is.
We can hope right?! Would be the dream!
I would love a Diablo project announcement. Espeally because wow won’t be announcing next expansion due to release of bfa in August. So that does laeve more panal room for other things
I’m hoping for Diablo news as well!