Starcraft 2 Blizzcon 2021

While it’s cool that they’re having pro matches for Blizzcon, it’s dissapointing that Blizzard isn’t doing much for the game - they had months to put together something cool. They could’ve at least paid tribute to the game that put esports on the map.

5 Likes

The team that worked on SC2 (and HotS) is dead. The Classic Games team that was over Warcraft 3: Reforged was combined into Team 1 and then Team 1 was totally dissolved. Activision killed SC2 and HotS support then killed RTS support at Blizzard altogether. There’s no further paid content for SC2 and barely anything on the horizon for HotS, so there’s nothing to talk about. Welcome to the new normal.

4 Likes

As my dude Scorch said.

Welcome to the funeral of all the good stuff.

2 Likes

only thing left for them to ruin that i love is diablo and i am sure thats comming as well

Bummer. I love SC2, just finished replaying it and got my hopes up for something new!

2 Likes

I used to buy everything Blizzard published whether I intended to play or not, just to support an awesome company that put out epic products. While there’s still occasional good-ness, it’s sadly a shell of what it once was. The values at the beginning that made Blizz so awesome & valuable in the 1st place are sadly being overcome by instant satisfaction of stockholders.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, the individual teams are awesome and you can tell they have passion for the product. Unfortunately they’re not in charge anymore.

1 Like

and what should they made up? i dont get it. I want Starcraft II and Starcraft Stable. Please no more content.

More coop commanders, more coop maps, more official play modes, new campaigns - if you WANT to, you can add a LOT to the game keeping it fresh and the community active.

1 Like

I’m still surprised we never got more mission packs. The Nova mini campaign was great. They had a golden opportunity to add more of these and make a fortune while giving us small bits of additional storyline.

Then again, this is the same company that never added anything meaningful to the SC: Remastered shop and never even made a WC3: Reforged shop. As much as they presumably want to make money, they also leave so much on the table.

We, the community, have the tools that were released at closing during Q4 last year. The tools that can enable us to make the content and keep it alive. We would have the responsibility now to keep it going, which quite frankly is not that hard to do if we really want to keep SC2 alive. They didn’t say it, but they did.

1 Like

We, the community, have the tools that were released at closing during Q4 last year. The tools that can enable us to make the content and keep it alive. We would have the responsibility now to keep it going, which quite frankly is not that hard to do if we really want to keep SC2 alive. They didn’t say it, but they did. SC2 is ONLY dead if we say it is, and do nothing to change that.

1 Like

But you can do all that by yourself. Like we all did back in WarCraft 3. Blizzard never did a thing in that game. And they iwll not in starcraft and they never said they will. StarCraft and WarCraft are for the community, so do it yourself. I really don’t get it. You know that StarCraft und WarCraft are not Mainstream. Are you one of the Mainstreamer who wants to consume easy content. Yes, then you are welcome in WoW, Overwatch and leauge of legends. But we as the StarCraft community dont want blizzard to interfere.