HUGE letdown... What is this

All I can say is PC MASTER RACE !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! WE FEEL CHEATED !!!

I don’t know why Blizzard expected a reaction different than this. The game may introduce new people to the franchise, I think this will attract mostly casual players, so I can’t understand why they decided to announce this on the Blizzcon, expecting a positive reaction from a diehard fanbase they’ve built for over 20 years on PC. I’ve played Diablo since around 2002 (Diablo 2) I remember the gasm I had when Diablo 3 was announced, but after this announcement I couldn’t feel anything but disappointment.

The worst part of the announcement was “We wanna do it in a game that’s true to Blizzard: pUtTiNg gAmEpLaY FirST”
After watching the gameplay, oh boy, it’s beyond salvation. I hope this AT LEAST has story, maybe a little of lore may help this abomination.

not only does blizz employees get boo’d onstage. the vods dont work. i paid $50, because i know i wouldnt be able to wath it all live, get online, excepting to watch disappointing vods and nothing is up. watched it on youtube instead. so not only is the content crap, the VT doesnt even work.

IKR? Like, it’s not like it’s Pokemon Go where being ON THE GO is part of the game. If I’m going to sit down and play a game, I would rather it be on my nice PC with a larger screen and great graphics!

out sourced to a Chinese company on top of that.

Its funny, they spent the last few years on a mobile game? are they nuts? look, bliz, I love you guys, I really do. I would buy any game you guys pushed out but im not supporting this mobile non-sense. I understand that you want to give me the choice of being able to play d3 at work or else where but I have a gaming pc for a reason… yeah sure, as cue ball said it on the stage " dont you guys have smart phones?" yeah and your point being? maybe some of us, dont want to game on our phones… ever considered that? I guess not.

whats also odd is that most companies, will remaster their games… while another game is being released… yet in this case… the remastered games are the new games? makes sorta no sense.

finally, you guys seem to be following a common trend in the gaming world this year with the lack of content or creative elements. I recently was in a beta for another game and, im a bit concerned that its going to fall short of expectations because of how different it feels but also how barren it feels. I think you guys need to stop sitting at your desks and actually jump into the community, come on the forums and talk to the gamers that have been purchasing your games for x years and see what fresh and new ideas await… or even what they would like. but I think that might be asking for to much.

No offense, and I agree how bad Blizzcon has been, but that was NOT the big announcement. If you actually followed Diablo you would know they made a post saying that the “big announcement” won’t happen now at blizzcon but “good things come to those who wait” they said (in so many words).

Here is the EXACT quote on the Diablo website from the devs:
""BlizzCon 2018 is almost here and we’ve seen a lot of rumors flying around about our plans for Diablo at the show. These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . when the time is right.

We know what many of you are hoping for and we can only say that “good things come to those who wait,” but evil things often take longer. We appreciate your patience as our teams work tirelessly to create nightmarish experiences worthy of the Lord of Terror.

While we won’t be ready to announce all of our projects, we do intend to share some Diablo-related news with you at the show.

November 2 will be an especially diabolical date—not only is it the first day of BlizzCon, it’s also when Diablo III arrives on the Nintendo Switch. If you’re planning to pick up the game (the digital download will be available starting at midnight on launch day) and are joining us in Anaheim, be sure to bring your console. We’d love to slay some demons with you on the show floor.

Again, we want to thank you for your patience and support. We are eternally grateful to you and the millions of other Diablo fans around the world whose passion for this franchise inspires us and keeps our fires burning.

We’ll see you in hell . . . and at BlizzCon!"

Definitely the most negative Blizzcon yet I agree. A massive disappointment for Diablo players (especially for those who attended physically), I honestly feel sad for you guys, you deserved better than a mobile only game.

This is also the first time I’ve heard the majority of the audience at Blizzcon booing at the devs. (during the diablo Q&A)

They are in competition for the mobile market obviously… Because that’s where all the fans and the community of their PC/Console based franchise are right? I’m actually not surprised, but disappointed. I can understand wanting a piece of the mobile market, there is money there and with other major players reaching the same direction I can understand the timing of the announcement. I know the are “multiple projects” on those hot burning forges… But the hype…why the bloody hype… for this… ??? I’m lost for words. I know that blizzard owes me nothing. I know they made no promises. I also know that I have played this franchises games, devotedly for 22 years. You see this with other companies, the founders start to creep away as new money and interests trickle in. I have lost a lot of faith in Blizzard today. Its like they just introduced us to the Jar-Jar Binks of the Diablo franchise. Mesa so sad…

I didnt expect a new game to come out… blizzard hardly ever releases two games in one year. case and point, the new wow xp. I think the problem was when they first posted something about diablo back months ago… that got people excited and then they came out with that reply. also, you have to keep this in mind here… most mobile games… (if made by a gaming company) tend to always port over to other platforms after a few months… in this case they clearly stated that they have no interest of doing that. while fallout 4 was being developed, they released fallout shelter to tablets and other mobile devices… a few months down the road, they released it to the pc and other platforms.

i am probably the 1 percent here but i am not mad that they are doing a game on mobile. sure i would love a diablo 4 game since diablo 3 is pretty much a dead game. they could release a new character on diablo 3 like a druid or something, but ultimately its still the same game on maintenance mode. a mobile game will probably be easier to create new content and oversee than a full fledged diablo 4 title. it is something that could hold us over until that major project is ready. diablo 2 remaster is not something i want. i already played the crap outta it and updating the graphics and minor balancing changes wont make me want to play it any further.

Total dumpster fire. It’s been 9 hours and I still can’t stomach the thought without wanting to vomit on every Activision board member’s face with a swift kick in the pants to summarize the communities feelings.

My first experience with Diablo was D3. I have never played D1 or D2, and know almost nothing about the story details.

I do know however that I was impressed with the quality of the D3 cinematics and its overall storyline. This impression is unbiased by prior experience. I’m what Blizzard was probably trying to attract when it made D3 - a fresh, new fan with no pre-conceptions or expectations who grew to love the game for what it is.

My disappointment is not with the game itself - its with Blizz’s decision to not allow PC gamers to experience it on their chosen platform.

What a total stab in the back. who asked for this? i dont want a Diablo game with microtransactions. well done EA!

you could use one of the many android emulators if you truly want to play this disappointment.

Honestly, shame on me for purchasing the Virtual Ticket the first day it was available…

honestly, I should’ve spent the money for a 6 months subscription instead of this joke of a ticket. First time buying virtual ticket, it will certainly be the last time as well.
What a bloody waste

glad i diddnt spend the money to go to blizzcon. I mean think how bad those people feel.

I guess I am going to have to invest more time into playing PoE and no longer hope for my Diablo adventure to continue… I am a PC gamer and have no intentions of playing Mobile games… unless I am on the crapper :slight_smile:

Look at their faces. The sad thing is that they really thought it would be a great and revolutionary idea. It’s amazing how far they fall