Camera Guy and Production Co - What the hell?!

For the love of god, would you please stop changing the cameras to the audience during presentations? I stopped counting how many f-bombs I dropped because the camera shifted from the speaker and the large screen right in the middle of a huge announcement to someone in the audience. I don’t care if it was the Pope there, STOP CHANGING THE CAMERA FROM THE SPEAKER/SCREEN TO THE AUDIENCE. I paid for this virtual ticket to WATCH THE SHOW, not watch a bunch of people with gaping mouths and making commentary. Near the end of the deep dive for the World of Warcraft presentation at 2:30 pm, the camera shifted again and again and again to the point it was making me dizzy and I was missing out on important visuals.

So whoever is producing and directing this event, STOP WITH THE CONSTANT SHIFTING OF THE CAMERA!

22 Likes

I can’t stand when they do this! I paid $50 for the power point presentation, not to see some random audience member watching the slide I’m not seeing.

6 Likes

thank god i thought i was the only one

6 Likes

I don’t even care about seeing the devs. I want to see what’s on the big screen. That’s where the real action is.

4 Likes

Was about to make a post about this. Glad others are voicing their frustration. When is the Blizzcon production team going to learn that we care about what is being shown on the stage screen first and foremost? Stop zooming in on the panelists, stop randomly showing people in the crowd yawning or the same cosplayer over and over. Just show the content of the panel.

1 Like

I have to agree with this completely, keep the camera on the stage and not on someones gf/bf/streamer in the audience that people don’t give af about.

6 Likes

Yeah, I really rather would not have to look at people yawning, waving , etc. I paid to watch the big screen. Maybe the camera guy is being told by higher ups to make sure and catch audience reactions and maybe they think it will make us feel more like we’re there. Well guys, we don’t like it. Less randos on my screen in 2020 plz?

4 Likes

Note to production company: Lock cameras on the stage and screen and stay there!!! I’m part of the audience too, but I don’t get a camera pointed at me at home. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

agreed! " here is what the new zone looks like" and a 20 second crowd shot… WTheck.

3 Likes

This is driving me crazy. I don’t remember it being this bad in previous years. Watching the Warcraft Designers at Work panel and the view keeps changing to the back of the monitors while the zone is being created… really useful. Can’t they just keep the view on presentation screen?

2 Likes

Wwe aew njpw none of these companies have the same production amateurs is there. An amateur is generally considered a person who pursues a particular activity or field of study independently from their source of income. Amateurs and their pursuits are also described as popular, informal, self-taught, user-generated, DIY, and hobbyist.

This is obnoxious in places where they put up a new slide and the camera is focused on a yawning audience member or the panel. I don’t mind seeing some of the crowd occasionally, especially some of the cool cosplay outfits, or the panel member speaking, but not at the expense of missing what’s up on the screen.

2 Likes

Ya realllllly frustrated with the camera work here… especially because we spend an hour in Carbot section waiting to see the finished project and… oh wait lets look at the animation? then flash to it JUST as it is finished? fantastic…

1 Like

Totally agree with this. The camera on the audience is annoying. I want to see what’s going on. They don’t care about virtual ticket holders. :frowning:

the camera guy who held the camera to the yawning woman for 20 seconds plus was amazing XD

I really agree. It wasn’t as notable at first but when suddenly during the Overwatch Evolving the art panel the camera suddenly is ZOOMED in on some overwatch patch and then zooms out it just boggles my mind on the guys behind the camera. Is that supposed to be great content?

I can actually take the waves, alteast it’s some interaction but most of the times all we get to see are tired, yawning and just still people in audience doing nothing, more times than needed.

Same thing and at the same time the opposite happened at the design panels, but instead of shifting to the crowd, they kept the designer talking on the screen instead of showing his work flow. “So in this case, I like to play with this tool here, and I move it around like this…” I CAN’T SEE THE TOOL OR HOW YOU’RE MOVING IT AROUND!!!

When it was the guy in the middle it was not as big of a deal, because they usually kept his big screen in the frame, but when the guys on either side were talking it was really annoying not to be able to see what they were intending to show, since their big screens were always out of frame and the director did not shift to their screens so we were able to see what was going on. Just his face, and many times the big screen for the guy in the middle, doing something entirely unrelated to what I was listening

Add some really annoying buffering times (despite having gone through all the troubleshooting and trying two different browsers), and the fact that the player sucks, and it was a really painful experience

Honestly it isn’t hard. Make the main screen view as the stage screen and a smaller box in the corner with the dev’s and or crowd reactions.

3 Likes

I was laughing so hard when one of them they literally switched to a person yawning in the crowd. Haha, what the hell guys?

1 Like