Blizzcon and foreigners

Thank you for your complete answers :slight_smile:

I work in an hotel so i have preferencial prices in the brand, no troubles with that. I’ll keep in mind that i’ll maybe not need a car.
Also, i’ll be sure to get medical insurance before traveling, thanks for that tip!

However i wasn’t lucky with the tickets earlier, i hope i can get some of them the 8th of may.

Also, make sure you have any passport/visa/immigration business taken care of. Be sure to only go through official US government channels for that sort of thing.

As you said you’re from France, you should be eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, as long as you haven’t been to and are not a national of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen. Here’s some info that may be helpful:

https://www.dhs.gov/visa-waiver-program

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit.html

Hey! I’m also from France :slight_smile: I have been to Blizzcon 2018 and if you need help or tips, feel free to message me. I didn’t manage to get tickets today either, but hopefully we’ll have more luck on Wednesday!

guys… I GOT TICKETS.
I GOT TICKETS. OMYGAD IM SO HAPPY

Lets organize the travel now :slight_smile:

Gratz.

I suggest starting on your passport and immigration stuff ASAP.

Also, make sure to get vaccinated, and get documentation, for the following diseases if you haven’t done so already:

What vaccines are required for U.S. immigration?

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza

*On December 14, 2009, the human papillomavirus (HPV) and zoster vaccines were removed from the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants. All other vaccinations on this list remain.

Any future vaccines recommended by ACIP for the general U.S. public will be subject to the new vaccination criteria. If the recommended vaccines fit the new criteria, they will be added to the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants.

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html

Those vaccination requirements are only applicable to foreign nationals who are immigrating to the U.S. - in other words, applying to enter as U.S. permanent residents. They do not apply to foreign nationals who are just visiting the U.S.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/united-states

Félicitations :smiley: On a réussi à en avoir 2 hier soir! Combien de temps comptez-vous rester à Anaheim?

omg yay!!! I’m so happy for you! I hope you and your bf have a fabulous time!

A peu près 10jours
Nos dates ne sont pas encore fixé :slight_smile:
Je suis tellement excitée !!! Un rêve de gamine qui se réalise😊

I have to make my passeport now. Hopefully French people with new passport don’t need visa to come. We juste need to complete the ESTA :slight_smile:
For everything about insurance, i think my Golden Visa will be enough. Still waiting for my bank answer.
Let’s organize a nice tour in L.A now :laughing:

Welcome! This will be my second BlizzCon. If it’s anything like the first one, I found folks to be very friendly and helpful so if you do run into any issues once you’re in the U.S., please ask (I don’t know anything about international travel so can’t help much there). It’s always awesome to meet people from around the world! :blush:

Hi, I’m in the same with you! It’s my first time to Blizzcon, as well as my boyfriend who cannot understand English at all. We’ve got the ESTA yesterday! I booked a hotel in Anaheim. Even though we can’t drive but it seems like many nice hotels there if you can rent a car. Hopefully we have a great time in the Blizzcon! :):laughing:

Faeriimerlyn, you’re so kind, thank you :smiley:
I feel the same, i love meet people from all around the world :smiley: (pretty amazing that we can speak to people from USA, Europe or Asia here!)

산솜꼬리토끼 We didn’t book any hotel for the moment, but i saw soo much hotel available near convention center… i’m not too worried about that. I hope for you that the travel from Korea to USA will not be too hard :slight_smile:

Does some of you now how to “link” our blizzcon ticket with our bnet account ? Because i know that blizzcon ticket offer you the virtual pass + in-game items (like mount in wow or skins in ow). Do we have to wait for the virtual ticket to be release?

Hope you have a great time.

There is also the Anaheim Resort Transportation (https://rideart.org/). You can ride a bus/trolly that takes you to the various hotels around Anaheim and various points of interest.

Oh thank you so much for the tip ! Bus is really cheap! 5 days transportation for 23$ / adult :smile:
It could be a good idea instead of rent a car and drive through the trafic

I don’t know how you would link the account to bnet, but I’m sure there is info out there.
But just so you know, you’ll want to book your hotel asap, especially if you want to stay close to the convention center. Room prices tend to go up the longer you wait and less become available.

Can’t find anything for the moment.

I know how hotels work, i’m working in one :wink:
I’m still waiting for the final confirmation of my boyfriend holidays. Hope i will get it this week :woman_shrugging:
I think i will book an Air Bnb

If you do decide to book an Airbnb, which is pretty risky, make sure the place you’re looking to rent has a valid license for Oct/Nov 2019 (short-term rentals have been banned in Anaheim).

1. For traveling GoogleMaps. See the estimated time and see if the risk of hunting for parking is worth it. We drive right side of road, idk how Anaheim traffic is, but its a tourist city so probably crappy. Another option is to get the uber app and have someone drive you to convention.

Parking is $20 a day so if uber is less than that and the cost of renting a car just use uber or lyft.

You can also use google maps to estimate the cost of using uber, just look at approximate cost for when you plan to go to and from convention.

You will get a code sent to the email that bought the tickets, it’s usually sent at the end of summer.

Thank you for all your answers ! Amazing comunity :smiley:
What are you thinking about traveling in bus in Anaheim ? Maybe i can book a room/a studio at 10 km near by and take the bus to the convention center?

@Faldo: thank you for information about virtual ticket and loots :stuck_out_tongue: