Blizzcon 2019 demo PC specs

Anyone have the PC demo spec that they were running. I forgot to snapshot their list at the entrance.

I don’t remember the specifics, but everything was fine but the mouse. The grip was super weird and uncomfortable.

I wanted to take a pic as well but forgot. All I know is that Bastion looked amazing. Thank you Blizzard for showing me that my monitor is trash and video card is getting on in years.

2 Likes

D4 demo PCs were i9-9900k, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB, Hyper X Predator RGB DDR4 3000 2x16GB, RTX 2080, msi MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon. Screen was Optix MAG271CQR

1 Like

There were different mice for different games. The Shadowlands area, for instance, had a full-blown MMO mouse, and I kept hitting random buttons just trying to move it around. OTOH, the D4 one was clean and simple.

We had two different builds on the show floor. We also had two different MSI monitors - which were chosen to provide the best experience for the specific demo they were used for.

A lot of thought goes into these experiences :slight_smile: For example, making sure the lighting in the machines matched their demo areas/games.

1 Like

Kalviery, could the specs be posted somewhere? I’m betting the signboards survived; perhaps someone could post pics for the curious.

A lot of folks are currently in post-BlizzCon comas but I have reached out. I found picture of one of the signs but I’m hoping to get a cleaner text version from someone on the IT planning side.

It’s a little bit outside the scope of what we normally do in Customer Support but I always appreciate a good excuse to go bug other departments :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha Thank you! I appreciate it!

I took pics of the signs I saw. The D4 mouse was the Corsair M65 Pro RGB. D4 machine specs as per Zorkin’s post above. The arcade machines had Corsair Nightsword RGB mice. Sadly there didn’t seem to be a sign for the WoW setup, though I did go looking for it.

The specs Kalviery linked to above is for the Hearthstone demo machine which is way less powerful than the WoW, D4 and O2 machines.

Here we go!

Diablo IV

Corsair Case (iCUE 465X RGB)
Intel CPU (i9-9900k)
MSI Motherboard (MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon)
NVIDIA GPU (RTX 2080)
Samsung SSD (970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 2TB)
HyperX Memory (Predator RGB DDR4 3000MHz 2x16GB)
Corsair Power Supply (RM750x)
Corsair Keyboard (STRAFE RGB MK.2)
Corsair Mouse (M65 RGB ELITE)
Corsair Headset (VOID PRO RGB)
Corsair Mousepad (MM300)
MSI Monitor (Optix MAG271CQR)

World of Warcraft

Intel CPU (i9-9900k)
NVIDIA GPU (RTX 2080)
Corsair Keyboard (STRAFE RGB MK.2)
Corsair Mouse (M65 RGB ELITE)
Corsair Headset (HS60)
Corsair Mousepad (MM300)
MSI Monitor (Optix MAG271R)

Hearthstone

NZXT Case (H700i)
Intel CPU (i7-7740X)
ASUS Motherboard (STRIX X299-E Gaming)
NVIDIA GPU (GTX 10700)
Intel SSD (DC S3520 Series)
Corsair Memory (Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3000MHz)
Corsair Power Supply (HX750)
HyperX Keyboard (Alloy FPS RGB)
HyperX Mouse (Pulsefire Surge)
HyperX Headset (Cloud Alpha)
HyperX Mousepad (FURY)

Overwatch 2

Intel CPU (i9-9900k)
NVIDIA GPU (RTX 2080)
HyperX Keyboard (Alloy FPS RGB)
HyperX Mouse (Pulsefire Surge)
HyperX Headset (Cloud Alpha)
HyperX Mousepad (FURY)
MSI Monitor (Optix MAG271R)

4 Likes

this is awesome, thank you!

1 Like

Did the headset for overwatch have the USB sound card?

And Heroes? We wanna know too! Corsair Void Pro headset. Pretty sure the Corsair Nighthawk Pro mouse.