You were disconnected from Battlenet. Please reconnect

Immediately get this message after clicking battle.net.

I have never had any issues getting on and playing diablo II.

That sounds like a temporary login restriction has been applied to your account. See this post and and this support article about temporary restrictions.

1 Like

That’s virtually impossible. I haven’t played diablo II for well over a year now. I literally opened the game on a whim thinking I might give this season a go and it wouldn’t let me login.

There’s a restriction on the IP address that you’re posting from.

Who is your internet provider? Are you connecting from a work or public network?

I am at my house. I moved recently and our internet is coaxial now vs it being fiber before if that makes a difference?

Its Vyve broadband.

That’s odd. If you’re using Vyve broadband it doesn’t show that you’re connecting from a Vyve IP address.

If you google search “What is my IP address” you can find your public IP address, and then use a geo IP search tool online to look up what ISP that IP address is registered too.

Do you have any software running that would act as a VPN or a proxy and change your IP address? There are lots of different VPN programs out there now, and some anti-virus software have VPNs built into them.

I did what you suggested and it shows Provider
VYVE-BROADBAND

I don’t have a VPN but when I log into my router it says “HITRON”

I just talked to the VYVE people last week to up my speed from 100mpbs to 200mpbs I am 1000% sure its VYVE Broadband as that is who I pay my bill to.

I also turned my Firewall completely off within the router as well, still same issue.

I don’t seem to have any issues with my PS4 or playing world of warcraft either if that helps.

I tried a few different lookup tools and I’m getting mixed results. Some show Vyve Broadband, others show Level 3 Communications, one shows Allegiance Communications. All for your same IP address.

We’ve seen this happen before with IP address ranges that are sold between internet providers, as it can take some time for the registration information to be updated. Since there’s limited IPv4 addresses out there, they can be sold and reused between providers. Since you mentioned they hooked you up with new service it could be that this IP address likely belonged to a different provider recently.

Part of the problem here is that the classic Battle.net service will restrict access and not allow IP addresses registered as “business-class” IPs, or IPs that are registered as proxies or VPNs. These are commonly used by botters or people who want to exploit the game, so they are blocked outright. It only allows connections from “residential” IPs.

What you could possibly try would be to contact Vyve and request that they give you a different public IP address, perhaps an older available Vyve IP address (that wouldn’t have these registration issues).

At the moment though with the current IP you’re using it wouldn’t be allowed to connect, unless the registration is updated eventually. Apologies for the bad news, but hopefully that helps shed light on things.

I will give them a call…

Upon further research using the tools you suggested I found out that my IPV6 isnt on.

My Public IPv6 is: Not Detected. Shouldn’t that show something?

Nevermind you’re right. I did a geo location search and its showing,
ISP: Allegiance Communications LLC

I need to call them and have them make my IP public for sure.

Also getting this msg.
Diablo II:
You were disconnected from Battlenet. Please reconnect.

Jambrix: I tried to log on using a public network before i went to work today, not knowing that was not allowed. I am at home now, where I am still having trouble logging in on my residential IP. Has my CD key been issued a temporary ban simply for attempting to log in on a public network? And without any outright explanation, just disconnects that appear as a technical malfunction?

I have been able to log in at another private connection but still no login success at my own home. Just played at my girlfriends house right after an unsuccessful login at my house. All realms are giving the same results. Any suggestions?

Just wanted to update: They told me to come to the office and trade in my modem for a new one and it would fix this issue.

I am trying to get everything worked out before the release of Remastered Diablo II. Would swapping out a modem fix this? The tech support guy said this issue was over his head and we should start with a new modem…